two.

As soon as he answers the door, Mason picks me up by my waist and harshly presses his lips to mine. He forces his tongue down my throat, his mouth tasting of alcohol, and I squeeze my eyes shut in disgust.

I want to retaliate. I want to punch at his chest and kick and scream until he lets me go. But I can't. Instead, I have to stand here and allow him to take advantage of me, like I always do.

I don't love Mason. At all. I don't think I ever will. Out of all the people in this world, I got this ass for a partner.

Mason pulls away from me and smiles, a gesture that I find difficult to return after he's just violated me.

"Hello babe. You taste sweet as ever this evening." Mason says and I have to remind myself not to roll my eyes.

He's so vulgar.

"Thank you." I say quickly, entering his house.

I can see that the party is already in full swing. I figured it would be. It's almost expected for me to arrive two, sometimes three, hours late. I try to miss as much of the party as possible.

Often times, I beg Mason to take me home early. It normally requires some "persuasion" on my part, but it's worth it. Serena doesn't like it when I leave her by herself, but she understands. I always leave my car for her so she can go home when she wants.

I push through a crowd of people to find my signature spot in the kitchen. If I have to be here, I'd like to stay by the food. I grab a water bottle off the island in the middle of the kitchen and lean back against the sink, quietly observing the idiocy around me.

I guess Mason has already forgotten about me. I don't see or hear from him for almost an hour, but I'm not complaining. I grab a chip from the bowl of food I've collected, but I don't get the chance to eat it.

To my complete surprise, a girl and a boy appear right next to me by the sink. They hold each other in a fevered kiss as the boy lifts the girl onto the counter top. I take the liberty of excusing myself, pushing through more people until I bump into Mason. He's not exactly my preferred choice of person, but he's familiar.

He smiles and grabs my hand. "I've been looking everywhere for you."

I glance at the clock on the wall. It's been a hour, he would've found me by now. He knows I'm always in the kitchen.

"Let's go socialize." Mason says over everyone's voices and I mentally cringe.

I don't want to meet anyone. I don't even want to be here. This whole event is so illegal. The house is definitely over maximum occupancy. But, Mason is my partner. I have to take part in all of his affairs, even the illegal ones. I remind myself.

He pulls me through the darkness of his house, stopping once we've reached the living room. He hands me his cup of water.

"You look thirsty."

I smile and take the cup, even though I was just drinking water. I thank Mason and he throws his arm around me, surveying everyone crowded in this small living space. His eyes land on someone across the room and he smirks, grabbing my hand.

"There's someone I want you to meet."

I'm led across the room until Mason stops in front of a guy that looks about our age. His green eyes are vibrant, even in the darkness of the house. He looks at Mason for a quick second until his eyes land on me. They slowly travel up and down my body and I feel like I should cover myself.

"Hello." He says, turning his attention away from me as he greets Mason.

"Good to see you, Harry. Have you been well?"