epilogue.

"Harry!" I call his name, climbing on top of the counter. Where in the world is the measuring cup? I've been looking for it for the last twelve minutes. "Have you seen the measuring cup?" I yell.

I search all the cabinets again, opening and closing them with frustration. Harry doesn't answer me. I groan and try to see the top shelves of the cupboards, to no avail. Even sitting on the counter top, I still can't see.

Damn my height. This is what I need Harry for.

I let out an exasperated sigh and close the last cupboard. Where the hell did I put it?

"Jade!" Harry calls me from our room. Oh, now he answers me, after I've made myself sweat climbing all over our kitchen. I ignore him for a second, not leaving this kitchen until I find the damn measuring cup.

I check the sink, thinking it might be dirty. Nothing. Sighing, I open the dishwasher hoping its there. I smile widely as I pull open the top rack. Right there, minding its own business: the measuring cup.

I grab it out and hold it up, cheering victoriously.

"Jade!" Harry calls me again and I jump. In the midst of my intense quest to find this stupid measuring cup, I forgot he had called me in the first place.

I brush my clothes off and walk around the kitchen counter, making my way down the hall.

"I found the measuring cup." I smile, looking down at it as I reach the doorway. "No thanks to you." I laugh to myself and look up.

Harry stands at the end of our bed, his back to me as he stares down at something in his hands. What's got him so quiet? I furrow my eyebrows at him. "What are you doing?"

Harry turns around, still looking at his hand, and walks over to me. "Look what I found." At first, I think he's found the measuring cup, but then I realize I'm literally holding it in my hand right now.

He stands in front of me and holds his hand out. I open my palm and Harry drops the object into it. I widen my eyes as the metal chain gathers in my hand.

"Oh my God." I hold it up in front of me, the circular pendant hangs down, swinging back and forth.

It's my necklace.

The necklace that was given to me the day I was born-or rather, created. The necklace that controlled me for most of my life. I haven't seen it since the day we met Avery. But, that was years ago.

"I know." Harry says and I can tell he's smiling.

I look up at him, my mouth agape. "Where did you find this?" I turn it over in my hands.

"I found it in a box that was collecting dust in the closet. I was trying to clean up a bit, looking for things of sentimental value, but I came across this."

It's weird to be holding it again. The necklace itself is very light, but the memories that resurface while holding it are unbearably heavy. To me, the necklace represents a time in my life that I didn't like. It represents a person and a place that I have tried to forget. It's only been a couple of years since we all got out of there, but it feels like it was a lifetime ago.

I purse my lips and hand it back to Harry. "What a mind fuck."

Harry laughs, but furrows his eyebrows at me. "Why are your clothes so dirty? What have you got all over you?" He cocks his head to the side and tugs at the sleeve of my jacket, obviously amused.

I look down at my shirt. "It's flour."

"For what?"

"A cake."