nine.

Serena shakes my shoulders until I wake up. It's not the greatest awakening, but it's definitely effective. I rub my eyes and stare at her, clearly wondering why she felt the need to jostle me from my slumber.

"Good morning. How can I help you?" I ask groggily, trying to adjust my eyes to the sunlight.

"Good morning? Try good afternoon sleepyhead. Jesus, what happened to you?" She asks and I look down at myself.

I'm wearing the same clothes I went to Mason's house in yesterday, fully dressed as I lay on top of my bed. My hair is up in a bun and my cheeks are stained with tears. I must have come home and thrown myself down and fell asleep. I look around my room and back to Serena. "I have no explanation for this."

She stares at me dubiously. "I'm sure you have one, you're just not up to talk about it."

"You know me." I say and smile. "Anyway, why did you wake me up?"

Serena bites her lip nervously. "Well," she pauses, hesitating on her explanation.

"What is it? Tell me." My curiosity is peaked as I sit up on my mattress, bringing my legs over the side. I don't even know if I can call what I'm laying on a 'bed'. It's really just a large mattress and a box frame. There's no head boards or foot boards or legs or things that normal beds have. Just a mattress in the middle of the floor. But, it's my bed. And I love my bed. It's always here for me when I need it.

I shake my head, remembering that I'm having a conversation with Serena. "Um, you have a visitor." She says and my eyes widen.

"A visitor? Who is visiting me?"

"That guy you've been talking about," she begins and my eyes widen further, "Mason's housemate."

"What?" I ask panicked. "What on Earth is he doing here?" I stand and Serena continues to speak but I'm already out of the room.

"I don't know. He said he wanted to talk to you, but I asked him to wait outside while I went and got you."

I turn around to face her and shake my head. "He's still outside?" I ask and she nods. "Crap. Okay. Can you stall for a bit? I need a second."

Serena nods to me and I run to the bathroom. I turn the light on and jump back at my reflection. Wow. I don't have time to fix this. I try to prioritize what to get ready first, and I settle with brushing my teeth and washing my face. That seems most important.

I stare at myself in the mirror once I'm done. Shit, I guess this will have to do. In my slept-in sweatshirt and jeans and messy hair. This is what I am now. This is what Mason does to me. Pathetic.

Crap. I sigh and head out to the living room. I push Serena out of the doorway and lock eyes with Harry. He smiles, but furrows his eyebrows at me after a moment.

"Jade?"

Dang it. He doesn't even recognize me under all this ugly.

"Hi. I just woke up and I didn't have time to get ready. So, I apologize for...this." I say and gesture to my entire being.

Harry smiles warmly. "Don't apologize. I think you look lovely." He says and Serena smirks at me from behind the door. "It was just surprising to see you so," Harry furrows his eyebrows, thinking of the right word, "comfortable. I'm glad you're comfortable."

The comment catches me off guard and all I can think to say is, "Oh." Damn it, Jade. Use your words.

"Would you mind if I came in?"

I shake my head and step to the side. "Would you mind if I asked why you're here?"

Harry takes a seat on the couch and looks up at me. "Are you unhappy to see me?"