three.

I wake up in Harry's arms, which is not the place I imagined I'd be. He cradles me to his chest and I'm intoxicated by his scent. He smells so good.

"Ah, you're awake. Welcome back." Harry says, setting me down.

I rub my eyes and watch Harry unlock the door to an apartment. I don't get it. "Harry, where are we?"

Harry smirks. "My apartment."

"I thought you were house-mates with Mason. How do you have an apartment?" I may be half asleep, but I don't recall any rules allowing dual residency.

"Special privileges from the government. I don't come very often but you fell asleep and I didn't know where to bring you. I didn't want to wake you, so I brought you here."

"That was nice of you, but I'm awake now. Can I go home?"

Harry looks at me again, pursing his lips. "You should eat something first. Come."

I follow him inside and he gestures for me to sit at a table. He walks to his kitchen, opening the pantry and the refrigerator before closing them both quickly. He turns to me.

"It looks like I'm out of food." He says and I laugh. "I told you I don't come here much."

Instead, Harry settles with filling two glasses of water.

"What's wrong with you?" I say as Harry walks over to the table, taking a seat across from me.

He laughs and shakes his head before staring me dead in the eyes. "Many things, Jade. Many things."

"Oh, I believe you."

Harry drinks his entire glass of water. I watch his lips touch the edge of the glass and admire his chiseled face as he drinks it. Jesus, Harry's face could cut through diamonds. He's attractive but so, God damn, annoying.

He sets it down and smirks at me. "I like you. My beautiful Amethyst." He smiles and stands from his chair, walking to his kitchen again.

I don't like that name. Why does he keep calling me that?

"You're so..feisty." He says, turning on the kitchen sink and rinsing out his cup.

"Feisty?" I ask, almost laughing, "do people still say that?"

"No, but I thought since it described you perfectly, it's completely appropriate."

"Appropriate how? You don't even know me."

"Doesn't matter. You're sassy and sexy, thus making feisty the perfect adjective." Harry smiles in satisfaction and I don't bother to hide my annoyance.

"You're disgusting." I say under my breath.

"I heard that. I'm not deaf, Amethyst."

Deaf? Of course he's not deaf. No one has been deaf since 2015. It was seen as a health disturbance and a detriment to the "utopian complex" and immediately eradicated.

"I'm serious. I don't like you." I say and cross my arms over my chest.

"Really? I thought we were getting on so well." Harry says sarcastically, turning off the water and returning to his seat across from me at the table.

Harry moves around a lot.

"How could you expect any different? You've done nothing to make me like you. You were violating me in front of my own partner, you kidnapped me, and you continue to call me by a name that is, not only not mine, but also forbidden."

"But also forbidden," Harry says in a high-pitched voice, obviously mocking me, "Stop whining. I know the name is forbidden. The question becomes, do I give a shit?"