Chapter 53

Alright, so this isn't the last chapter just want to make this clear.  I changed my mind.  It's coming but I've decided to just put out what I'm feeling and writing on this story.  There are some details I want in this book and the dynamic between James, Amelia and Maxim is one of them.

Some negative and positive feedback with readers helped me clarify what I want to write as far as the ending and I'm doing that now so I'm putting out a chapter now for you guys since I'm at a good stopping point for one.

Thanks guys for your feedback. 

**Just for Clarification:  Aleski is the Hitman's  actual name in the story.

       -Chapter 53

-Destiny or Desertion

Aleski is tired of going from hotel to hotel.  Everywhere he goes there’s heavy police presence.  Stories of Amelia Monroe and her hit man are in every newspaper on to many blogs for him to count.  Some of them have drawings of what they think he looks like.  The drawings and descriptions of him are close.  The police have pictures of his tattooed hands, they know what his leather jacket looks like.  It’s all too close to draw suspicion if he continues to walk around like he has.  

He’s at a new hotel in the bathroom shaving his facial hair.  He bought a makeup kit to cover up his tattoos but he doesn’t like how he’s getting make up base on everything.  He angrily throws it in the kitchen sink.   

He can’t believe he allowed himself to be so immersed in Amelia’s life so heavily.  After reading some of the things said about her in the media article he’s not happy he allowed her to manipulate him in the way that she did.  Most of the articles portray him as her flunky, her boy toy hit man.  They’ve created a narrative that he and Amelia are crazy in love and he will do anything for her. 

It angers him, they’ve got it wrong, he just hung around because he was so attracted to her daughter and he hasn’t even had the satisfaction of meeting her yet.  It really would serve that bitch right if he can get close enough to get a taste of her.  He bets that’s one thing Ms. Monroe will think of all the rest of her days in her luxury jail cell. 

He finishes shaving, takes the new tags off of his clothes and gets dressed.  He’s wearing a suit to the courthouse.  No one will recognize, he’s going to get a message to that bitch that he’s going to get her back for dragging him into her mess.

The courthouse isn’t crowded but there is a lot of media and several people that know of the Monroe’s waiting outside the courtroom.  Not only is Kara and the Hurst family there, but so are the Monroe’s, James and Maxim.  The Sheffield’s sit quietly in a corner and there are a few other people that work Monroe Industries present. It seems that although Amelia is the one arrested, James isn’t getting much sympathy.   Some people think he is partly responsible for his own son almost dying. 

Since the news media got word of her arrest and broadcast it Twitter has been racked with conspiracy theories that James found out she was having an affair with Liam Sheffield.  He knew of her appetite for younger men got tired of it and finally cracked.  He hired someone to kill her latest lover except the hit man he hired to off Sheffield fell in love with his beautiful wife and she decided to run away with him and James decided he wanted revenge.  It’s just one of the many stories but it seems to be the story with the most traction.    

Court is in session and Aleski slips into the court room without anyone really watching him he takes a seat in the far back off to the side of where Amelia is to be seated.