Chapter 6

Chapter 6 

*Unexpectedly Connected

"Don’t try to push this off on me Braylin you couldn’t leave this alone. You said you wouldn’t interfere.   Did you have Jen send her roses or is she one of your mixed bouquets?   Oh nevermind that, she’s definitely a mixed bouquet we haven’t got her building yet.”  Aaron rolls his eyes at Braylin  slamming the new contract offer on the conference table. 

“Maybe you forgot Aaron you were supposed to buy that property three years ago.  I didn’t interfere in the deal then and I’m not interfering now.   Don’t blame me because you didn’t get it done.”  Braylin barks at him. 

“Braylin didn’t you say she thinks you and Aaron both tried to trick her?  Will you two stop arguing over women?  God, I’m glad I’m married.”  Cameron Hurst gets up from his seat to pick up the newly proposed contract.  “It’s a good offer Aaron.  You should have offered her this to begin with.” 

“Oh don’t you start on me too.  You two always do this.”  Aaron bellows. 

“Well maybe if you would listen to us sometimes we wouldn’t have to make counter offers.”  Braylin criticizes. 

“Alright, alright, stop it.  We’ve got to figure this out.   We need that building and obviously she’s had an effect on both of you.  I can’t remember the last time you two were attracted to the same woman.  She sounds like a fireball as dad would say.” 

Aaron shrugs his shoulders and smiles looking at Braylin.  “She does have a mouth on her.  Man she cut me down quick, Lester was laughing at me the whole time.”  

“Well that definitely leaves you out of future dealings with her.  Bray, what about it.  You want to take the new offer to her?”  Cameron pushes the portfolio toward him. 

Braylin shakes his head no.  “Why do I have to do it?  Let Lester offer it to her?  He pouts.

Cameron is sitting next to Aaron.  Both stare at Braylin surprised he doesn’t want this opportunity to see her again.  “What’s going on Bray?”  Aaron leans on the conference table to ask.  

“Nothing is going on.  I didn’t sleep with her that night at the hotel.  We talked, that's all.  She’s had a rough time.” 

The conference doors swing open.  Lester rushes in his arms full of magazines.  “Hey, I think you need to look at these.”  He throws them in the middle of the conference table.  They all have pictures of Kara and Braylin.  Two of the covers are of them entering the Peninsula Hotel.  Aaron picks up  one with a cover showing Braylin and Kara kissing in the doorway of her restaurant. 

“I thought you said you didn’t sleep with her?”  Aaron holds the magazine cover up showing it to his brothers and cousin. 

“Wow, this looks…..this looks like. This one says you took your girlfriend to the hotel to have makeup sex after an argument in front of our building and this one has you engaged to her already.  I thought you only seen her twice.”  Cameron adds standing up to reach for another magazine. 

Braylin picks up one of the magazines to look closely at the cover, his anger is building.  He’s going to destroy whoever did this.  Rubbing his forehead with his fingers, he wonders if Kara has seen them. 

“I didn’t, I don’t know where this all came from.  I kissed her at her restaurant that night and I left.  I told you about the hotel.  I had to take her somewhere so I took her to the Peninsula.  They don’t have much of a lobby, I thought it would be discreet.”