Chapter 4

4- No Broccoli

Just as Kara is about to ask again where they are going he pulls up in front of the Peninsula Hotel.

"Come on." Braylin pulls into valet parking and Kara's door is opened for her. Placing his hand on the middle of her back he escorts her into the hotel. Before she has time to take in all its beauty they are riding up the elevator. When the elevator doors open on their floor Braylin walks out ahead of her going into a suite. Kara follows more slowly behind him not sure what's going on.

"Why are we here?" Her body is coiled ready to take flight at the slightest move near her. Her eyes roam quickly around the elegant spacious suite. She stays close to the door skeptical that he would try to harm her but still being cautious.

Ignoring her question he throws the card keys on the coffee table while walking into one of the bedrooms. "I'll take this room." He announces when he comes out.

His tie is loosened and he's taken off the vest to his suit. He starts rolling up the sleeves on his tailored white shirt revealing a unique looking chocolate color Bulgaria Papillion Voyageur watch. He must love watches, he's had on a unique and expensive one both times she's seen him. She recognizes the brand, her father wore expensive watches. It was the only vice he allowed himself but her mother complained about it wanting him to spend the money he made only on her.

The momentary thought of her father makes Kara sad but she stays near the door staring at Braylin. He slips off his shoes making himself comfortable on the sofa. Grabbing the remote, he turns on the TV.

Kara's mouth drops open, he's actually making himself comfortable. "I'm not staying here tonight with you." She exclaims irritated by his arrogance.

Braylin continues to ignore her, he flips through the channels until he finds a sports channel then let's out a yawn.  He settles back on the high back chaise side of the sofa crossing his legs in front of him.

"You said you would take me home." Her voice is agitated. She takes a few steps into the room near the sofa. Chewing on her bottom lip out of habit she's flustered not sure what to do.

While still watching TV he responds. "I did and I would except you can't get into your house or your restaurant. You can't reach your employee that has your keys and you don't want to go home with me. Did you expect us to sit in the car all night?" Is his sarcastic response.

"Well no but....." She takes his jacket off her shoulders lying it across one of the chairs.

"Kara....I don't bite unless you're interested then by all means tell me where and I'll...." He stops teasing when he sees her face loose color. She's looking at the hotel suite door with doe eyes trying to figure out if she can successfully escape.

"Wait....calm down, I'm tired and hungry. I haven't eaten since breakfast. My intentions toward you tonight are to make sure you are safe. If you believe otherwise I'll pay for a cab to take you anywhere you want to go.   I plan to get something to eat and go to bed....to sleep." He stands up reaches in his pocket, pulls out his wallet and throws some bills on the table. "There, take a cab if you want." Dismissing her with a grimace, he walks away into the room he has picked as his.

Kara picks up the money and walks over to one of the picturesque windows. Its pouring raining. She pulls out her phone to check for messages. She has none. She can't believe he brought her to such an expensive hotel to spend the night and most of all she didn't object when she had the chance. The rain has been coming down so hard nonstop and it's gotten cold, she doesn't want to go back out in it. She lays the money back on the table.