Chapter 16

Chapter 16

-Unexpected Pleansantries

Amelia’s eyes water, she’s barefoot forgetting about her shoes and purse she tries to get closer to get a clear look at Kara.  She’s so beautiful, she always knew she would be.  She’s about the same height as her mother, her hair is shoulder length having just been recently styled and cut she supposes by the look of it.  She’s got a great figure.  She can imagine men are crawling over themselves to get to her. 

Kara brushes her fingers through her thick dark hair giving Amelia her first glimpse of her scar from the attack.  Although now healed she can see it mars her scalp.  She holds her hand to her heart with guilt.  The charm bracelets she’s wearing dangle together.  She notices that Kara is wearing a similar set of bracelets.  It would be like Enzo to give them to her.  He gave Amelia hers when they made a profit after getting rid of the deli.  That was a good year it makes her sad to think about him.   

The two women walk closer to Amelia.  She recognizes Michelle, she knows who she is married to.  She doesn’t want Kara to see her although she’s not sure if she would even recognize her it’s been more than ten years since they last saw each other.  Amelia still has a picture of Kara that she managed to finagle from an unsuspecting old friend.  It’s actually a picture of Kara and his daughter taken when they graduated from college.  The friend had no idea that his daughter was her daughter’s roommate. 

The sales associate comes looking for her.  He shows her the shoes.   Shaking her head she tells him she doesn’t want them.  Making her way back to where she left her own shoes, she hurriedly puts them on and grabs her purse.  Maybe she can see more of her.  Where did they go?  She lost them. 

Liam looks around him as he gets off the elevator on the fourth floor.   He knows she’s here.  He’s been trying to keep a close eye on her.  He’s desperate, the money she gave him is running out.  She promised to give him more but he hasn’t received it yet. 

Seeing her walking toward the elevators Liam darts across the aisle trying to get to the elevator to ride it with her when he bumps into a stranger. 

“Excuse me.”  He grabs the woman by the arms to keep her from falling.  He bends over to pick up the shopping bag that she dropped handing it to her.  “It’s quite alright.”   Michelle lets him know thinking he’s awful cute.  He smiles at her racing away toward the elevator. 

Kara finishes paying for her purchase with her AE card feeling guilty that she just spent three thousand dollars on two pair of shoes. 

Michelle looks at her looking at the shoes in her shopping bag.  “Well, how do you feel?” 

Kara’s smile is so big it hurts.  “I want to taste the rainbow.”  Kara continues to grin at her. 

“Yep, that’s what I figured.  Shoe frenzy is a disease.”  She hooks her arm through Kara’s as they walk along.  “You must be aware of the drugs that keep you hooked.   Louboutin, Giuseppe Zanotti, Givenchy, Lanvin, Gianvito Rossi, Gucci.  My goodness, it’s contagious.”  She fans herself dramatically.  I think I need some Dolce. 

“And Gabbana…..”  Kara smirks at her, they both laugh. 

“Yeah.  Let me take you to buy some lingerie and get your gown, we’ll do a late lunch.  We’ve got to fill Braylin’s special requests.”  She teases and Kara rolls her eyes.   They walk to the same elevator Amelia took down several minutes ago.