Chapter 47

Chapter 47

-Witness Protection

Kara kicks and screams as the man’s hand is held over her mouth.  She bites down on his finger he grunts a response but let’s her go swinging her to the side just as she hurls herself away from him falling against a pale of empty painter’s  tubs.  Her fall makes all kinds of noise.  She tries to get up quickly looking up she sees that the man is Logan.  He’s bending over her with his finger to his lips telling her “Shhh.” He points at the doorknob and hurriedly tries to help her to stand.  Someone else is trying to get into the room. 

“Logan….?”  She whispers her eyes big she’s scared and doesn’t understand what’s going on.  The doorknob is being jerked at now. 

“Shit….come on.”  He grabs her hand just as they hear a kick at the door.   A gunshot flies through it missing both of them but it hits the door lock.  Logan yanks her up by the hand they start running.  She doesn’t know who is chasing them.  She holds onto his hand letting him lead her.  They go up another flight of stairs and through another section of the building.  He pushes her through a doorway and they are in a finished part of the building. 

Kara sits on a worker’s bench to catch her breath and try to comprehend what’s going on.  Logan is running his fingers through his hair and pacing the floor in fear. 

“Are you crazy, who…..what…..Logan who is shooting at us.”  Kara angrily exclaims. 

“The Hitman….”   Logan answers absently as he runs frantically around the room looking for another way out.  

“Hitman?  Who’s hit man is he Logan, why are you even here?”  Kara says loudly. 

“Shhh! Don’t be so loud, you’re going to draw him to us.  I came to see you I was hoping you could have her call him off Kara.  I told her I won’t saying anything.  She’s such a vicious bitch, she sent him after me.”  He looks frantic and nervous and he’s shaking all over. 

Kara holds her face in her hands shaking her head, surely it can’t get any worse than this.  She doesn’t have to ask who he’s talking about she already knows. 

“What did the two of you do Logan…..tell me?”  Kara whisper yells at him. 

“I’m sorry Kara.  The hit man…..his name is Aleski.  He….he….killed Liam for her.  I didn’t know you were dating the guy until she had me at that damn restaurant telling me what she was going to do.  There’s a security guard downstairs at the site entrance he may be dead, I don’t know, the hit man shot at both of us when he saw me talking to the guard.  The guard got hit and fell at my feet I just ran.”  

Kara starts shaking, a tear runs down her cheek she doesn’t know what to think as she wraps her arms around her. 

Logan angrily grabs Kara by the arms lifting her up to look into her sorrowful eyes.  He’s still so in love with her and regretting that they are no longer together, he blames Amelia for it.  He hates Amelia and anything to do with her for the things she has done to him and caused him to do.  Kara looks so much like her mother it just angers him more that he can’t bring himself to stay away from Kara.   

“Your mother ruined me, she’s cold and calculating she lures you in with her beauty and sex games then she pounces like a spider wrapping you in her web of lies and debauchery.  She’s a wicked killing bitch Kara.”  Logan grips her arms tight he is shaking and hurting her as he spits at her making Kara cry out in pain.  The look of fear mixed with anger in his eyes consumes her and scares her.  She doesn’t want to hear any more about the things her mother has done.