Chapter 34

Chapter 34 

                Alright @Numokeji,  Here it is.  Long but it's them.....

-Date Night 

Braylin slips his fingers between hers clasping their hands together.  They walk from the conference room to the lobby finding it crowded with guests checking in for the weekend.  Looking around the lobby Braylin finds a secluded area behind two empty high back chairs with tall plants partially hidden from prying eyes.  He ushers her behind the chairs pulls her against him then lowers his head to kiss her.

“Uh…?”  Kara presses two fingers to his lips.  “You trying to still a kiss early Mister.” 

“I’m offering an apology.”  His voice is low filled with seductive tenderness.  Tracing the contours of her body with his fingers he ignites tingling sensations.   She stares at him in disbelief, there’s a look of triumph in his eyes or maybe she’s imagining it.  

He kisses her fingers held over his lips.  Holding his hand over hers he kisses her open palm.  “Will you accept my apology Kara?”  He doesn’t give her a chance to respond his lips touch hers in a tentative kiss that quickly increases with pressure.  Kara’s heart rate rises.  He slides his tongue in to tease hers.  She accepts his kiss, accepts his way of apologizing.   

Her inhibitions are relaxed keeping her in the moment.  Hotel guests ignore them except for one pair of eyes that almost miss the couple making up behind the huge chairs near the tall plants.  

The man is on his way to the front desk.  He has an envelope to deliver.  He drops it off with one of the hotel representatives telling her it’s an important document needed by Hurst Corporation.  The representative advises she just came on duty but will deliver it personally to them before the end of her shift in the morning. 

As James Monroe is exiting the hotel he stops to spy on the passionate couple still in each other’s arms behind the chairs.  His smile is filled with melancholy remembering a time when he stole kisses with his wife in hotel lobbies when all they had to do was get a room.  Sadly he doesn’t have that kind of passion for her anymore.   

Although Kara is angry with her mother for leaving her and him for taking her away.  He actually feels like he did her a favor.  Kara is lucky not to have spent her most influential years with a mother like Amelia.  If she had, she probably wouldn’t be kissing Braylin Hurst now he would hate her like he hates her mother.  

James doesn’t care for Braylin, he genuinely likes Kara but he needs to get ownership of Santino’s.  Exiting the hotel he rushes to his waiting limo.  The woman he was thinking about sits in it impatiently waiting on him. 

“Did you see either of them James?”  She’s texting a message. 

He gives her a cursory glance, his gaze switches to her phone seeing she’s texting another list of things for Zain to do while she’s gone. 

“I wasn’t in the hotel looking for your daughter and her boyfriend Amelia.”  He says getting his own dig in at her.  He’s aware of how jealous she is of her own child, he’s tired of hearing her tirades about Kara being with Braylin since she recently learned Kara is living with him.   

Turning to look out the window as they drive off James ignores her like he normally does making a mental note to talk to Zain when he gets back to New York to find out what she’s up to.   

Braylin leaves Kara sitting in one of the huge high backed chairs while he goes to the front desk for a few minutes.  In his conversation with the hotel representative she mentions there is an envelope for his company.  He tells her his brother will pick it up giving her Cameron’s name.