Chapter 41

Chapter 41

-Going Down

The thought of going to prison because of Amelia turns Logan’s stomach running behind a parked car he throws up.  After wiping his mouth he searches through his pockets to finds his keys then walks quickly to his car.  As Amelia is coming out of the restaurant she sees the back of a car that looks like Logan’s fleeing the parking lot. 

Doubtful at first that it’s him, she takes her time walking through the parking lot to wear she remembers Logan’s car was parked.  That really was his car she saw leaving how dare he make such a bitch move.   Angry at the change in her plan she hurries a row behind trying to find the hit man’s car, it isn’t there.  

Making her way through the parking lot she steps on a rock stumbling against a car in her five-inch booties causing her to squeal when her hip bangs into the side of a car catching her fall.  The pain she feels from it is nothing compared to the mess she realizes she may have gotten herself into tonight if she can’t salvage this. 

Her feet are aching in her sky heeled booties.  She’s wearing a pair of leggings and a short leather jacket with a thin t-shirt and scarf underneath.  She looks young, sexy and fashionable but the cold and the wind don’t care about those things.  Mother Nature is the ultimate bitch, it’s gotten colder and the wind has picked up.   

Amelia always seems to have a follow up plan for any situation.  Her quick thinking and willingness to use her youthful looks and great body assures that she can always get out of any situation she finds irksome.   The plan she instituted with such precise determination is not happening the way she executed it in her mind and it infuriates her.  She can’t see it happening or control when and how it all plays out.  

The hitman explained to her he was not interested in getting caught for her crazy schemes.  He told her either he does the job his way or not at all.  She reluctantly agreed thinking she could coherence him around to her way of thinking later.  There was always time.  Now there is no time it has run out.   

Fuming over her missteps she pulls out her phone trying again to reach the hitman but there is no answer.  She tries calling Logan he won’t pick up she’s yelling curses into the phone at him people passing by stare at her.  She calms down when a man coming from the restaurant to his car stops to ask her if she’s alright. 

Still angry at Logan for leaving her stranded, how dare he make such a bitch move she stomps up the stairs to the restaurant, she will have to call her driver to pick her up and take her home. 

Alexandra tries to call Lester again but he won’t answer his phone.  She’s stranded, maybe she can catch the ferry back to Manhattan.  Gathering her things together she walks through the back of the restaurant to a cash machine near the bar.  She’s counting her money when she hears that voice that crates and causes her to fill with anger. 

Shoving her money in her wallet and putting it into her purse Alexandra cautiously walks around the bar her eyes searching for the owner of that voice.  Walking up on the side of her she doesn’t want to get to close she’s not sure if she’s alone. 

Alexandra didn’t believe Maxim when he said he was there alone she sees Amelia sitting at the bar on the phone, she sounds angered with whoever she’s talking to.  Thinking Maxim’s still in the restaurant somewhere Alexandra circles around the bar moving through several of the guest tables to get out of the restaurant she’s not yet ready to face Amelia but she will be soon.  Making her way outside she ask one of the hostess to get her a cab.