Chapter 33: Home

Chapter 33

"Congratulations Laurene!" my boss, Dianne, hugged me "You'll be our Assistant Editor-in-chief for our Travel Asia."

Eyes wide open, happiness bloomed in my chest as everyone in the conference room congratulated me.

For the past 3 years, I have been working with Travel UK where I started as a travel and contributing writer for them. They funded my travels and I write about the different cuisines and tourist spots in the area.

I've been to almost all of the countries in Europe and some in America. We're branching out to Asia, and I was given the biggest promotion of my life by heading our Asia team. This would mean I get to home. Finally.

After 3 years, a lot of things have changed for the better. Firstly, I get to achieve my dream of writing for a living. Aside from writing travel and lifestyle articles, I'm also published author on amazon kindle. Second, I no longer fear marriage. I've realized that my parent's past and the people around me shouldn't affect my future marriage. Dark and I love each other, and whatever may happen to us, we'll face it together.

Being away from home, greatly helped in facing my fears. I was able to see different culture and families. I learned that we all have different choices. It's up to us to determine our course in life.

Dark had also greatly changed. According to Blaise, who is now my sister's boyfriend, Dark has been better the past few years. He's still the same enigmatic billionaire, but there was softness and acceptance in his eyes. He no longer fear of being left behind. He no longer carries his fears at the back of his mind but uses it as his lessons.

Distance both did us good. It was hard being away from him. But we had to learn to live our lives separately.

We both had to fix ourselves first before we enter into a lifetime commitment.

Third good news is I have a stable income where I bought my mom a lovely home in the province. Lyana graduated last year and she was alone in the US, so we decided for her to move back in the Philippines and enjoy her life.

She's currently taking up Accountancy. Hey, it's not yet too late to reach your dreams.

Smiling to myself, I lifted my head up to thanked them all.

"We can renew your contract and have you sign tomorrow if you'll life. So, you can begin arranging your stuff for you to take a look and organize your office in Manila." My boss warmly told me "It has been a pleasure working with you Laurene. We're excited what more you can offer when you move back to your country."

"I'm honored for the trust you have given me." I warmly hugged her "I will do my best."

"I know you will. Take care, child. And have fun."

Thanking her again, I stayed a bit for drinks. When it was past 9pm, I excused myself to head to my flat. Once I got there, I opened my phone to see a text from Dark. It was a simple good night and it always made my heart flutter.

We never stopped calling or texting each other. He knows where I was and he knows what I've been doing. The same way with him, I knew where and who he was with. Despite our distance, our love for each other became stronger.

Hence, if I see a tabloid or news regarding him and a woman, I shrugged it off because I trusted him. The same way with me when I have a fellow writer accompanying me in a specific country.

We both trusted each other and I can proudly say that we have truly gone a long way.

After typing my reply to him I closed my phone and was about to head to the bathroom to wash off when my sister began calling. Frowning at the sudden call, I opened the Facetime app only to take a stepback when I heard my sister squeeling at the other line.