Chapter 11: Shit

CHAPTER 11

"Dark." The man sobbed as he kneeled and grabbed Dark's jeans. Dark held his arms and made him stand up.

"Uncle Mathias. Please stand up." He softly begged the man. "Let's talk inside."

Blaise and I followed them inside a vacant room. The moment the door closed, Dark's uncle spoke.

"I came here to ask for your forgiveness and ask you if you would still like us to be part of your life."

We were all shocked at his declaration. Dark stood stoically.

"I spent years regretting not reaching out to you. I watched the funeral from afar." He sobbed "But I couldn't come near out of guilt."

"I reached out to you. Many times." Dark said in a hard tone. "Mama wanted to see you."

"And I will forever regret it. Please Dark, forgive me. My wife and your cousin Johanna would want to be a part of your life."

Dark stared outside, his jaw clenched and his brow furrowed. His eyes were closed like he had the world in his shoulders. I walked towards him and softly clasped his hand. He opened his eyes and the pain in its depths was enough to put tears in my eyes.

I know, deep down, he wanted his family to accept him. He inhaled and expelled a breathe. His hand tightened with mine, when he looked back at Uncle Matthias.

A soft smile was on his lips, "Mother wouldn't like it if I held a grudge on you. I forgive you Matthias."

"Thank you!" Matthias sobbed his hands clasped together "My wife and your cousin would be happy. They know about you. If you would like, you can meet them."

"I would love to." Dark nodded, a real smile on his lips.

"Your cousin Johanna is in Cebu but you can my wife today." His Uncle Matthias suggested.

Dark nodded and we went out of the room to have dinner with him and his wife. Blaise walked behind us with a frown in his brows.

I let Dark bond with his Uncle, so I walked with Blaise.

"What is it?" I asked Blaise.

He shook his head "It's strange."

I frowned at him. But he shook his head and formed a grin on his face "Come on we wouldn't want them to wait."

Dinner with Matthias and Joan were nice. We found out they live in the Pampanga and their adopted daughter, Johanna was in Cebu studying. She'll be transferring to Manila for college. Dark volunteered to help her get settled in when she started to the couple's joy.

They invited Dark to a couple weekends where Johanna will be home. I let Dark enjoy his bonding with his family. I knew he wanted it.

The past few months went well for us. Dark has met his cousin Johanna and spent his weekend with his family. I also got busy with school that Dark and I could no longer bond. We see each other every morning and evening, and have dinner together before I review.

I do miss bonding with him, but we both were really busy. Specially, it was finals week and I am studying like crazy. I want to graduate with honors. I was also sacrificing a bit of sleep just to cover all the topics.

Dark is in the States for a business trip. I just finished my last exam for the day and I was headed to the clinic because I've been having headaches since the morning when I walked past Luke.

We were good friends now and he too was graduating. I haven't mentioned to Dark about him yet. I know, I felt really horrible for keeping this to him for the whole semester, but I just couldn't do it. Luke and I wouldn't see each other after we graduate, so I thought just to hide it.

"You look like hell." It was the first thing Luke said when he saw me. I rolled my eyes at him. He looked fresh for a guy who needs to pass his finals while I may have looked like a zombie.

"It's finals, Luke." I told him and walked past him.

"Are you okay?" he stopped me and felt my temperature "Geez you're burning up!"

"I'm fine." I grumbled, desperate to go the clinic because my head was pounding and I felt my breathe running in paths. My eyes were began to blur, until I felt hot red liquid on my nose. I touched my nose and I gasped at the blood on my fingers "Not again."

"Fuck! Your nose is bleeding!" he exclaimed while I fished out my handkerchief to stop the bleeding. "Come on, I'll take you to the clinic."

I didn't get to say anything next when my vision blurred and darkness fell on my eyes.

I woke up due to two men shouting. Opening my eyes, I groaned at the pain in my head. Blinking past the sleep in my eyes and the fog in my brain, I noticed I was inside my room.

"How did I get here?" I asked to myself as I sit up from bed. There were noises outside my room. I frowned at their voices. It sounded like Dark and Luke.

OMG. It was like Dark and Luke! Omg!

Quickly, I sat up straight in bed and bolted to my door. The moment I opened the door to my room, I was shocked at the snarling face of Dark and Luke.

They stopped when they saw me. At the same time, the door to my condominium opened and my little sister walked in on us. She squeaked at the sight before of her and looked at me with eyes.

"Shit." Lyana said.

Shit it is.

Published 04.20.2020