Chapter 2: Love at first sight

"I could not tell you if I loved you the first moment I saw you, or if it was the second or third or fourth. But I remember the first moment I looked at you walking toward me and realized that somehow the rest of the world seemed to vanish when I was with you." 
-Cassandra Clare   

Chapter 2

Have you ever wondered what your life would be like if certain situations didn't happen? Like those moments you thought of not meeting this person or not going to the school dance or not having your first kiss? Because I do. I think of those moments most of the time.

I always wondered what my life would have been like if I hadn't met Dark. Most probably it would have been bleak, unfocused and simple. There will always be a timeline. A barrier between my life before Dark and when I met Dark. And I believe it's the same way as his.

Before Dark, I was a simple 20-year-old girl with no title, no name, and no identity. I was the girl you overlooked among the sea of students. I was the girl you would forget and never remember. But when I met Dark, I became a whole new person. I learned that not everything in life is perfect. Decisions and choices must be made for the life of another. The world is both a cruel and beautiful place to live in. Moreover, the little bubble I was cast in by my parents, burst upon the entry of Dark.

I never once blamed Dark for letting me see the reality of life. Because he helped me find my identity. Shaping me to become an independent person. He taught me to stand up for my beliefs and never waste time on people who are not worth it. That's why when times get hard, I would always recall Dark's advice.

Inhaling his scent, I burrowed my face on his chest as he softly caressed my head, twirling the ends of my raven hair on his fingers and massaging the back of my neck. Purring in joy, I snuggled, even more, earning a soft chuckle on his part. We are currently lying on his king-sized bed covered with layers of comforters while watching Weightlifting Fairy Kim Bok Joo.

After our scene in the meadow, he carried me to his car and we drove to his condo. I was shivering by the time we arrived at his condo that's why Dark let me changed my clothes and wrapped me in layers of blankets.

His warm hard body served as my hot compress too and besides, I like the way he drew small circles along my back. It was comforting, and at the same time erotic.

"Dark?" I asked him placing my hand on top of his chest. His eyes were closed but I know he's listening. "I love you."

I saw him grin and wrapped me even tighter on his chest. Burying his face in my neck, he whispered. "I love you too."

I bit my lip in delight. Never as in never can I contain my happiness when Dark tells me he loves me.

Raising his head to meet mine, he caressed my cheek and softly kissed my lips.

Dark is the sweetest person I ever know of. He would say the sweetest things and also express it through his actions. He would hold my hand and tell me that I am his light, his salvation. Just as he is mine.

We're two broken souls. But when we are together, we are one.

People call us crazy for feeling this way. Maybe we are crazy. But it's surely isn't a fantasy. It's not a story that is straight out of a romance book. It also isn't an ordinary love. It's complicated. And because of its uniqueness both of us learned different things about us.

"What are you thinking?" He asked me trailing kisses over my neck and cheek.

Biting my lip, I grin at him. "The first time we met."

"Oh? What about it?"

"I remembered how you were dashingly handsome in your black tux," I told him, recalling how attracted I was to him the first time we met.

He cheekily grinned at me and buried his face in the crook of my neck. "And I remembered how you knocked me off my feet when you smiled at me, baby. "

Grinning, I remembered exactly what he was talking about. We were at a friend's wedding when we first met. The first time I saw him I was gobsmacked! Like literally full on shocked. Because standing before me was the most handsome man I have ever met.

He was wearing a black Armani tux that was perfectly customized to fit his lean muscled figure. Looking up, I blushed upon settling with his dark jet black hair, soulful brown eyes and perfect aristocratic face. Towering over me with its lean built muscles was the imposing figure of Dark. I remember blushing furiously after being caught gaping at him. So throughout the ceremony, I directed my gaze elsewhere. It was hard to stay focused on the wedding when Dark Montero kept looking at you.

I thought it'll stop at the wedding feast but I was shocked even more when he offered his hand in front of me and asked me to dance. Everyone in the venue must have had a heart attack after witnessing Dark Montero asking a girl to dance.

To say I was honored was an understatement because at that time I was thrilled. I knew for a fact that I like him. And for him to initiate on getting to know me was beyond anything I prayed for.

"Stop looking at them," I remember Dark telling me as we glided on the dance floor. Everyone's eyes were on us. Some were judging, some were curious but mostly were disapproving of our partnership.

Biting my lip, I sheepily nodded at him. "And please stop biting your lip."

Instantly, I stopped biting my lip. Frowning, I asked. "Why not?"

"Because it makes me want to kiss you."

I snapped my gaze his way and true enough he was saying the truth, for the smoldering gleam in his eyes was enough to make any hormonal or post-menstrual woman drop their panties. Blushing from the soles of my feet, I looked away, trying to desperately calm my breathing and not think of jumping this handsome man. I heard him rumble in delight at my embarrassed look.

"It's not funny." He grinned even more. Instead of answering me, he twirled me on the dance floor and lifted me like those in the movies.

I was breathless when we finished dancing. I was even more breathless when he guided me towards the balcony and kissed me under the moonlight. I didn't push him as any other girl would do. Because of the moment our lips met, everything stopped.

It was those moments when you felt that everything paused and the only thing that was moving was that moment. Right then and there I knew I was a goner. Dark has touched me, my soul, like no other.

One kiss was all it took for me to fall for him.

One kiss was all it took for him to start courting me.

One kiss was all it took for the start of our forever.

Hello lovelies!

Let me know your thoughts of Dark and Laurene.