Chapter 21: Lessons

The club was full of drunk and heated bodies grinding and swating with each other. I always liked the euphoria of dancing to the beat of the music in pure abandonment while the DJ played with the beats. I used to love going to clubs because I had Dark to warmly press my body and seductively make my body hum in need.

I thought we were finally going to talk and make progress after he apologized for not picking up his phone and promising to make up to me tonight.

But, no. He brought his cousin whom I hated. I saw Dark and Johanna from the sea of peole and it put a sour taste on my lips.

"Hey, look at me." Luke guided my face towards his. A sexy grin was on his lips, "You want to teach him a lesson, right?"

A slow grin formed on my lips. Luke had been my friend for the days Johanna entered our lives. He knew all my rants and frustration, so he knew why I was doing this.

Guiding my hands on his shoulders, he placed his hands on my waist and pulled me towards him. "Eyes on me, Laurene." He whispered in my ear as his breathe fanned my naked skin "Let the beat control you."

Tuning out my emotions, I closed my eyes and felt the beat of the music. When Luke's hand caressed my hip, I didn't move away. I let him a cop a feel.

"Damn." he muttered underneath his breathe "I'm deciding if I'll let you go or not."

"What do you mean?" I asked as I opened my eyes and saw he was dancing close to me. He was so close to me and the look in his eyes were full of mischief. Yet underneath it was desire and lust

"It made me remember things that should be hidden in the past." He said as he pulled me closer "And I realized its worth it, because he's watching us."

Before I can turn around, Dark's hard tone snarled behind us.

"Move." He snarled at Luke who raised his hands in surrender. An amused grin was on Luke's face and he winked at me which made Dark angrier.

"Sorry man. You're girl was lonely. I thought I might save her from other the horny ass men in the room."

Dark sent him a warning glare to everyone's surprise and pulled me against him with his hand on my hips.

He pulled me out of the dance floor where Johanna angrily stomped behind us.

"Dark she's fine. I want to dance---"

"Enough Johanna." He lowly said but the power behind it was defeaning. Johanna halted and fear was transparent in her eyes. He exhaled and let out a ragged breathe "Socialize and mingle. I can't be at your beck and call anymore."

With a final glance, Dark pulled me upstairs to one of the VIP rooms and closed the door. The room was plush red and a single queen sizes bed was in the middle. A bar was on the left side, a couch on the other and a door to the bathroom on the right.

I didn't get to talk next when Dark grabbed my face and kissed me on the lips. His kisses were brutal and punishing. I can feel the anger with his kiss and it only pissed me off. Matching the same intensity of his kiss, I bit his lip drawing blood.

Dark pulled away with a curse as he bit his bloodied lip. We were both gasping for breathes while I glared at him through my warm glassy eyes.

The frown on his face fell when he saw my red-brimmed eyes. His eyes showed concern and pain. "Baby, what's wrong?" he softly asked as he tried to wrap me in his arms but I pulled away. Pain flashed in his eyes.

Tears welled on my eyes and it freely flowed on my cheeks. All my kept emotions were being freely opened and I couldn't fight it. Not anymore when he looked so down and dejected.

"Baby, please, you're scaring me." He pleaded as he tried to soothe me but I continued to push him away.

"I hate you." I bitted out and he instantly stilled "You're always with her. I would have understand it since she's your cousin but she obviously likes you. And you're too blind to see it."

"She's always asking for you and you're qui k enough to run to her. I thought I was your partner, Dark? I thought I was your priority? Then why do I always feel I have to keep over her?"

"I didn't know that's how you feel."

I hysterically laughed "How could you when we don't have time for each other."

"Johanna likes you and I couldn't blame her, you are too good to be true. But I wish you could have seen it. Everyone sees it."

"I'm sorry." he honestly told me. Remorse reflected in his eyes. He sat on the couch while I stood before him with his arms crossed. He looked really torn and dejected. Opening his eyes, there was regret and pain in its depths that I had to look away. "I was too overwhelmed of pleasing her and my new family members that I didn't thought of it in that way."

"I understand. You've been alone for so long and Johanna was master manipulator." I told him as I sat right next to him and softly played with his hand. A small grin formed on his lips.

"I'll make up to you. I promise." He vowed kissing the back of my palm.

"It's okay Dark. You don't have to always put me first." I told him. I didn't want him to make promises that he can't keep. I've had too many of them that were broken.

"But I want to and you should be." He fiercely said. His eyes were full of regret "You're mine, Laurene and you should be my priority.

Shaking my head, I diverted his attention. "So, what are we going to do about it?"

"I'll talk to her." He told me as I nodded. Carefully, he pulled me on top of his lap and caressed my cheeks while I played with his hair "I love you, and I'll forever you."

Instead of replying back like I used to, I nodded my head and pulled him out of the room.

Published 04.25.2020