Not All Parents Are Perfect

Chapter 23:
••••••••••••••

*one month later*

"I can walk!" I squealed as we walked out of the doctors office. That's right! Not limped, hobbled, or assisted.

"I can see that," said Damian as he peered at my cast free leg and smiled. I got in the driver seat and smiled.

"what are you doing?" He asked as I begin buckling up.

I held up my wallet and showed my license "i'm driving," I said and smiled deviously.

"okay fine. Just don't hurt my baby," he said and handed me the keys. If only he knew I had been doing to myself, he would be even more upset. I started the car and pulled out of the lot .

"where to?" I asked as we headed in the direction of our house. Yes I said our. I helped pay since I'm working again.

"Home princess," he said and smiled. I finally changed my lip ring into actual ring. It felt weird as a played with it and drove.

"hook up my iPod boo," I said, tossing it to him at a stoplight. He did as I asked and the song "you're not alone" by of mice and men started blaring through the speakers.

"don't let the world bring you down," I sing on pitch. "There's always hope for the willing," I sang as he smiled.

I bobbed and I had along to the music. "you sing beautifully," he said slightly astounded.

"We are home!" Damian called to Travis as he stayed in the basement. He always does. He's usually shy. Damian pinned me to the wall suddenly and kissed my lips.

"Damian," I slightly moaned through the kiss.

"what do you want me to do baby?" He asked as he kissed up my neck.

Before I could answer, his phone started ringing. Damian groaned and dug his phone out of his pocket.

"Yes!" He answered angrily.

"What do you want Sherri?" He asked.

"Sh stop crying and calm down. What happened?" He asked.

"She did what?" He asked as he looked at the wall.

"We will be right over to get you okay?" He said and grabbed the car keys while he hung up.

"Where are we going?" I asked, getting into the car.

"To get Sherri and bring her here. Mom had a freak meltdown and kicked her out," He said and drove off.

"So what exactly happened?" I asked as he approached their old house.

"I guess they got into another argument and she kicked her out. Couldn't really tell from all the crying," he said and pulled into the driveway.

We both left the car and went inside, screaming immediately filling our ears. "You are not the star child that we raised!" His mother yelled and we heard something crash.

"Myrtle enough!" We heard David, Damian's father, yell. We went upstairs and passed Damians old empty room.

"Get out of my house you disgusting child!" Myrtle yelled and slammed the door.

"Damian what do you want?" She asked as Damian grew angry.

"Come to fix what you've fucked up!" Damian yelled and led us into Sherri's room.

David was holding Sherri as she cried into his chest.

"Sherri get your bag," Damian said as he looked up at me.