Summertime Sadness

Chapter 4
(Of mice and men- would you still be there)
•••••••••••
"Come on Georgia!" Sherri yelled as she practically dragged me out of the building and toward the buses.

"I'm coming! Calm yourself!" I said, trying not to drop my bags as I was pulled down the sidewalk.

"Well hurry up slow poke!" she yelled laughing as she watched me pick up my bags from the pavement.

"If someone," I said giving her the evil eye "hasn't had rushed me then maybe we wouldn't be having such a rough time right now," I finished.

She took my begs and took off sprinting away with them in her hands. "Sherri!" I yelled angrily as I began to chase after her.

"Come on shorty! Lets go!" She taunted as she continued to be be chased through the giant mass of people. She came to a suddenly stop as my body collided with hers, knocking us both on our asses laughing.

"Ladies knock it off and get up!" Her bus driver snapped as we continued to laugh while standing and dusting ourselves off. We stepped on her bus and made our way to the back as her bus driver gave us a nasty look.

"So! Once we get to my house were going to put our stuff in the basement. Then change. Then go beat up the boys," she said listing off the things that we had to do. She never even mentioned once that today was my birthday. I don't even care, I'm so used to being forgotten that I'm used to it.

"Sounds like a grand old time," I said, slightly British as Damian and Ryan got on the bus talking. Damian smiled at me as he continued his conversation with Ryan.

"No!" Sherri exclaimed, smacking my shoulder playfully. My body tensed up again and she noticed "you okay? I didn't think I hit you that hard," she said quietly.

"Yeah I'm fine, just didn't expect it," I said, chuckling nervously.

"Good well as I was saying. No," she repeated that one word as if it had as much meaning as a heart felt paragraph.

"No what Sherri? You haven't really clarified as to why you were yelling it, just kinda repeating it," I said still high confused.

"I noticed Damian smile at you!" she whisper yelled.

"Oh well then, I didn't notice," I lied as she glared at me suspiciously.

"Fine," she said, caving it "Summer time baby!" She yelled as she danced like a belly dancer with her hands in the air. I smiled and she butt bumped me from the seat and onto the floor.

I stood up laughing as Damian's friends piled onto the bus. I moved Sherri and darted toward the inside on the seat, where they couldn't see me.

"What the hell was that for turd?" she asked, slightly shocked from me moving her.

"Them," i said, motioning my head in the direction of her brothers friends.

"What about them Georgia?" she asked still highly confused.

"They are some of the kids that pick on me in school and I don't want them to see me," I stated, just barely audible. I slouched down in the seat, trying to hide myself from their eyes as they sat several seats ahead of us and conversed with Damian and Ryan.

"You never told me that before! I would have kicked their asses at the first chance I got!" she stated, highly pissed off.

"No! please don't. I don't want them to make it worse by having my friend get into the situation," I said, shrinking into the seat even more.

"Why not Georgia? Not doing anything about it is gunna make it just about 10 times worse," she said, still fuming.

"It will give them something else to pick on me about and that will most likely just make it worse. So please don't," I practically begged.