Mischief

Chapter 2

•••••••••••
I slowly and quietly crept into my house hoping I wasn't making too much noise. I checked the time on the stove, 8:59. Perfect timing.

I heard footsteps above me and turned to see my mother approaching me from the hallway to the kitchen.

"I said be home before nine, dammit!" she yelled "Not get home right at 9 o'clock!" she finished yelling.

I did the best I could to hide my bags behind my back and looked at my feet as she got heated over my arrival.

"I'm sorry," I gently spoke my apology. 

She stepped closer, eying the bags behind me. "What did you get?" she asked, pulling the bag from my hands before I could explain.

"Sherri bought that for me," I whispered as she pulled out the bikini and gave me a glare.

If looks could kill.

"What have I said about bikinis, Georgia Mane! You're asking for me to hit you," she said through gritted teeth, as she raised her hand making me flinch.

She threw it at me and locked the door. "Go to bed," she stated as I hurried upstairs to my room.

I closed the door, rushing to find my bitter sweet relief from previously today, craving its almost high feeling from the rush of fear my mother just put into me.

After I had finished tearing open my rehabilitated skin, I laid on my bed.

My pants we're removed and I curled into a ball underneath the covers, keeping myself warm. I took out my iPod and messaged Sherri.

"Hey buggy boo" I sent.

"Who's this? Is this the Georgia I'm thinking of?" I got in reply.

"Sherri you literally just dropped me off, I hope you're thinking of me" I stated offended.

"Well right now you're talking to her brother, Damian. So Georgia Mane? It's been forever since I've talked to you" he said.

My heart fluttered at the message "yes it's Georgia Mane. And I know, I'll be over soon though. Sherri insists," I replied.

"Wait really? " he asked.

"Yeah, last day of school to be exact, " I stated.

"Sweet! I can't wait to catch up with you. How much have you changed? I think you're in one of my classes but a selfie might help clarify that" he said, and I sent one of my mirror selfies

"Sorry if you suddenly become blind. I'm not the best thing to look at," I said.

"I believe you're in my study hall? Correct? I'm not sure. You've been a hot topic with my friends lately tho. I'm sorry about that, " he said.

"Oh..." I replied.

"I'm sorry Georgia" he sent.

"No no it's fine, I promise," I said.

"Sorry my brother had my iPod while I was naked and scrubbing myself clean," Sherri sent, making me chuckle softly.

"No it's fine, honestly," I said "I, uh, cut" I confessed .

"Same place?" she asked.

"Yeah, hips" I stated simply.

"Okay. Show me tomorrow at school. Remember my house Wednesday. Bikini, clothes, all that fun stuff," she said. I decided telling her what my mom said wasn't the best idea.

"Fine," I replied simply.

I want to try and talk to Damian again, he seemed to have changed significantly. I didn't want to trust him, for the moment. History had a tendency to repeat itself with me and I don't feel that necessary now.