Accepting The Job

Chapter 16

•••••••••••••

"Hey ruby I'm really nervous," I said once she picked up the phone.

"You hand in the application?" She asked

"yup," I replied.

"Wait I'm getting another call. I'll call you right back," I said, answering the other call.

"Hello I'm calling from Hot Topic. Is this Georgia Mane?" The man asked.

"yeah," I said in a shaky voice.

"When are you able to work? Or at least start work?" She asked chuckling slightly.

"Whenever I can," I said and returned the slight chuckle.

"Great! How about tomorrow you come in and we can get your schedule set up and get you started," he said and a smile appeared on my face.

"Okay! Thank you so much!" I said and hung up.

"Ruby! I got the job!" I messaged her.

"Epic! When do you start?" She replied.

"Tomorrow," I replied simply.

"See you then!" She said as her way of saying good bye.

"Georgia!" Damian yelled as he tackled me in a hug and started tickling me.

"Boo!" I yelled, giggling excitedly and kissed him quickly.

"I've missed you all week!" He said and set me on his lap. I nuzzles my face into the crook of his neck.

"I missed you too but my friend is coming over soon," I said and his face sunk.

"Baby! How about a movie date tomorrow night then?" He asked, getting hopeful.

"I can't tomorrow either, gotta go to work," I said with a smile on my face.

"You got the job?" He asked, hugging me tight as I nodded.

"You can stay for awhile you know," I said looking at him. He was just absolutely stunning.

"Fine. But I'll leave when your friend gets here so you two can hang out," be said and kissed my lips.

"I love you," he whispered and held me close to him.

"I love you too," I said as he rubbed out noses together.

"We have a date in two days then," he said smiling and holding my hand.

"Fine but don't expect me to enjoy it," I teased him as he pretended to be hurt. I heard a car door slam and Damian stood up.

"where are you going?" I asked him, frowning.

"I said once your friend got here I was leaving," he said.

I pulled him back Onto the bed and sat on him "I have something for you though," I said smiling as I handed him a note and a drawing I made for him.

"Don't look at it until you get home!" I warned smiling and kissed him again.

"Georgia!" I heard Riley shout as she came into my room.

"Oh um should I leave for a second?" She asked and I stopped kissing him.

"No you're fine. I'm leaving anyway," Damian said and pecked my lips.

"text me angel," he said and left.

"Since when are you and him a thing! Georgia I should know these things!" She complained as I chuckled.

"and what the hell did you do to your face and hair?" She asks several questions at once.