New New New

Chapter 14

••••••••••••

"What if I didn't pass?" I sat nervously next to Damian as I tapped my foot rapidly.

"I would hate myself if I failed," I said balancing my elbows on my knees. I crossed my fingers and hid my face in the palm of my hands.

"Georgia. You'll be fine. I'm sure you passed with flying colors," he said, placing his hand on my knee to keep it from bouncing.

"You think?" I said, gaining the smallest amounts of hope.

"Georgia mane?" The lady at the front desk called and all hope I had gained immediately fled from my body. I stood up and went to the desk.

"go in the first office over there," said said as she pointed to a closed door. "someone should be in with you shortly," she finished as I slowly walked toward the door. I looked back to see Damian who flashed me a smile and a double thumbs up.

"good luck," he mouthed to me as I sheepishly smiled and entered the room.

The room was quite small compared to the sitting area. There was a metal desk and a wooden cabinet that took up a majority of the room. In front of the desk was a chair in which I took a seat in. Once I sat comfortably there was a knock on the door.

"Good afternoon miss mane. I'm Mrs. Landsley," she stated, firmly shaking my hand.

She was tall, had jet black hair, and piercing green eyes that rested right behind her cats eye glasses.

"You've passes your exam miss. Actually, you've earned yourself a perfect score on both the exam and the road test," she said looking at me highly baffled.

"So there's a decision that needs to be made," she said as I looked at her, me being baffled this time.

"In this state you're allowed to get your license at the age of 16. Now some people prefer their permit first so they can get done practice in. I would highly recommend a license for someone with a score like yours," she said, gesturing to my exam.

"The choice is yours though. One hundred percent yours," she said, folding her hands on top of her desk.

"License," I managed after several minutes of awkward silence and major thinking.

"Okay! I'll just have you sign a few papers then we'll go and get your picture taken. It'll take a few days but your license will be mailed to your house," she said, handing me a pen and several papers to sign.

"Follow me!" She said once all the papers were signed. I stood up and followed her out the door, zipping up my jacket.

Damian smiled as I followed the lady "your boyfriend must be proud," she said quite loud. I nodded, hoping Damian didn't hear her.

She made me sit in front of a big white screen "smile big miss mane," she said smiling. I smiled as there was a big flash when she snapped the picture.

"There you go! You're all set! Just stop at the front desk and sign another paper," she said, opening the door and entering the waiting room.

I went to the desk and signed another paper, feeling someone burning holes into my back with their eyes.

"You passed?" Damian asked with a big smile.

"perfect score," I said and he hugged me.

"I heard what she said," he said smiling.

"and what would that be?" I asked.

"Nothing, come on. My mom and Sherri are waiting in the car," he said blushing and lacing his fingers with mine. We got to the car where me and Damian dropped hands.