Chapter 75

Lauren and I sit at the adorable table she has in her garden, drinking some coffee and snacking on biscuits she baked this morning. I haven't seen her since my wedding and God, I've missed her. She always felt more like a sister to me than a best friend. She's one of the few people I can talk to about anything.

"So," I start, "tell me what's new in your life. I feel like it's been forever since we've talked."

"I know! It's been like two months since your wedding!" She takes my hand in hers and squeezes. "I do have some announcements to make."

"Tell me," I smile.

"Well... I'm a teacher! I was hired two weeks ago and started last week. My students have been adjusting to me, but I think they like me. I think I'm doing a really good job." I can see the excitement in her eyes and how proud she is of the work she's been doing.

"Lauren, that's amazing! I'm so proud of you, love!"

"Thank you! And the other announcement I have is..." she takes a deep breath with a beaming smile. "I'm getting married!" She screams, holding up her hand to show me the gorgeous ring on her finger.

I yell in excitement and pull her into a tight hug. "Oh my god, congratulations, Lauren! I'm so happy for you!"

"Thank you! Wow, I honestly still can't believe it!"

"When did he propose? When's the wedding?"

"He proposed last week, I didn't tell you because I wanted to tell you in person. And as far as when the wedding is, we were thinking sometime in December or January. I know it will be cold but we both love winter and it's the perfect time for a Winter Wonderland theme!" She says, clasping her hands together in front of her chest as her eyes sparkle with excitement and happiness. "I know it's extremely early but would you be my maid of honour?" she takes my hands in hers, looking at me with puppy dog eyes that she knows will get me to agree to anything she asks.

"Of course! I would love to be your maid of honour!"

She pulls me into another hug and when we pull away our eyes are brimming with happy tears. "Remember how we always used to talk about the day we would get married and start our own families? How we used to talk about what dress we would like to wear, where we would want to go for our honeymoons..." she sighs. "We're doing this already, Scarlet. Not long ago we were graduating high school and now you're married and I'm engaged. It's fucking insane."

I nod, smiling and thinking back to those days where we would lay on the grass on sunny days and daydream about our perfect wedding, our perfect husband, our perfect life. It's crazy how time flies and in the blink of an eye, your life has changed completely, either for better or for worse. Luckily, mine changed for the better.

***

Harry

I see her walking through the grass with bare feet. She turns to me and smiles. That smile that makes me feel alive yet leaves me breathless every time. The sun hits her face, making her look even more beautiful if that's even possible. Her blue eyes lock into mine making my heart skip a beat. Fuck, I sound like a fucking schoolgirl.

Her hands rub her pregnant belly and she starts talking to our baby. Her sweet voice rings in my ears and it's the best piece of music that's ever been orchestrated.

I smile to myself, closing my eyes and throwing my head back to let the sun hit my face. A shadow blocks the rays from my skin and I open my eyes to see a dark, thick cloud covering the sky. My brows come down in a frown and I turn to Scarlet, who is looking down at her blood-covered hands in terror. I stand up and try to run to her but my feet won't move. It's as if they were nailed to the ground.