Chapter 36

My eyes flutter open. Darkness surrounds the room, the only light coming from the moon shining through the open curtains. The moonlight shines on Harry's peaceful face, his eyes are closed in deep sleep, the lines that are usually deeply embedded between his eyebrows are nowhere to be seen. He looks younger, angelic.

I get an itch on my temple and I scratch it, wincing as pain shoots around the area. I carefully unwrap Harry's arms from around my body and remove myself from the warm bed. My feet drag me to the en-suit and I close the door before turning on the light, my eyes squint at the brightness. I blink a couple of times, letting my pupils adjust to the light, and look at my reflection in the big mirror. I haven't even inspected my wounds since we arrived, and I'm surprised to see the big cut by my hairline, another smaller one on my left cheek, a big bruise on my temple, and a couple of scratches scattered across my face.

I bite my lip, trying to contain the tears that pool in my eyes. The thing is, they're not tears of sadness. They're tears of happiness. And I know it sounds weird, since my face has cuts all over, but I'm happy at the fact that Harry and I are alive. Before I lost consciousness at the accident, I thought I had lost Harry. His eyes were closed, and the cut on his forehead was bleeding profusely. I thought I was going to go through the same event that scarred me so many years ago.

More tears roll down my cheeks, I tilt my head backwards, closing my eyes. "Thank you, God. Thank you for giving us another opportunity to live," I whisper. There's a soft knock on the door, followed by a sleepy, raspy voice calling my name. "Scarlet, are you there?"

I sniffle, wiping my tears away, and open the door, revealing a sleepy Harry rubbing his eyes, and yawning. His eyes widen as he sees my puffy, red face. "Sweetheart, what's wrong? Are you okay?" His arms circle around me, hugging me to his chest protectively.

"I'm okay, Curly. Let's go back to bed," I smile up at him and turn the light off. We climb into bed and Harry immediately wraps his strong arms around me. My back is pressed to his chest, he leaves a kiss on my neck.

"I love you, Sweetheart," he whispers in my ear.

"I love you more, Curly." I take a deep breath and let sleep take over me.

I wake up the next morning feeling Harry's fingertips run up and down my back. I lift my head from his naked chest and find his bright green eyes peering down at me. His lips curl up into a lazy smile that makes my heart flutter. "Good morning, Sweetheart," his husky morning voice is music to my ears.

"Good morning," I smile and bite my lower lip. I reach up and push his curls away from his forehead.

"It's getting long. I might cut it." My eyes widen and I shake my head slightly.

"I like it," I whisper, running my fingers through his hair again, tugging gently.

Harry chuckles and takes my hand, placing a kiss on my wrist. "I'll still look good, Sweetheart."

"I know you will. You'll look good no matter what, Curly." He pulls my body upwards so my face is level to his.

His eyes look deeply into mine, a small smile plays on his lips. I brush my nose on his, my blonde hair falling over us like a curtain. "You're so beautiful," he whispers. "You're an angel, Scarlet. My angel." His words make my heart burst with happiness.

"You really think that way of me?"

"Of course I do, Sweetheart. You may have come into my life by our mothers forcing us, but you really made me open up to love again. I love you so fucking much, Scarlet. You're my everything. You are my world," his voice holds so much emotion. His words leave me speechless, there's so many things I would like to say, but my brain struggles to find the right words and formulate sentences. Instead, I press our lips together. In this kiss, I tell him all of the words I couldn't say.