Chapter 21

"Where are you going?" Harry asks as I spray perfume on my neck and wrists.

"Out," I respond turning to face him.

"Where?" He crosses his arms across his chest.

"I am going over to Nathan's house. He invited me and other friends over for lunch," I say.

"You are not going."

"Yes, I am. I already told him I would be there; I can't cancel now." I walk around him, but before I can take another step he grabs my upper arm. I sigh, knowing this is his way of starting a fight.

"Scarlet, I said you are not going and that is final." His voice got deeper and his eyes darkened with anger. He scared me when he got angry, but I stood my ground.

"You can't stop me from going, Harry. He is my friend, my best friend. I already said I was going and I will not cancel. I want to go and spend time with him and the others. Please understand," I tried to keep my voice calm and soothing. I really do not have the energy to fight with him at this moment. We have fought at least three times this week and I really don't need another.

His hands cup my face and he leans in until our noses touch. "Scarlet," he groans, closing his eyes. "He wants to be more than friends. Nathan loves you! Why can't you see that? Why can't you get that through your head, baby? The boy is head over heels for you, Scarlet." He closes his eyes, his expression is pained and it tugs at my heart.

"Harry, I can assure you Nathan does not love me. Not in the sense that you think. He loves me as a sister." He shakes his head and sighs. "I have to go now. I'll be back for dinner," I kiss his lips softly and his hands fall to his sides. I grab my purse, and walk out of the bedroom. As I walked out I caught a glimpse of him running his hands through his hair in exasperation.

Did I feel bad for leaving Harry the way I did? Hell yes. I felt guilty as hell. And my guilt got worse as Nathan opened the door to his home and hugged me as a greeting. "Scarlet, how have you been?" he smiled. Nathan was truly handsome. He had a baby face, but he was a very handsome young man. And on top of that, he was very kind and caring. He has always been there for me in my time of need.

"Um... I have been good," my voice is soft, not convincing at all. "Where is everyone? I thought they would be here by now." I look around but there is no trace of anyone else in the house. It's just me and him.

"They cancelled on the last minute. Bummer," he shrugs.

"Oh, so it will be just us?" suddenly I feel awkward. It somehow feels wrong to be alone with him. I feel as if I was cheating on Harry for some strange reason.

"Just us," his eyes lock intensely on mine. I break eye contact and walk toward the kitchen. "Would you like something to drink? Water? Orange Juice? Wine?"

"Some orange juice, please." Nathan takes two glasses from the cupboard and pours an equal amount of juice on both of them, handing one to me with a sweet smile.

"How are things going with Mr. Styles?" he asks.

"Things have been kind of rocky lately." I sigh, I should not talk to him about this, but I really need to get it off my chest.

"How so? Talk to me about it," his brown eyes are warm and the uncomfortable feeling I had, disappeared.

I take a deep breath and start telling Nathan about all the fights Harry and I have had the past months, and about how I feel like I became a trophy wife and about how everything just keeps going downhill. This venting of mine takes a whole hour and half to let out. By the time I finish, I have tears running down my face and Nathan sits wide-eyed in front of me.