Chapter 35

I open my eyes and look around the bright room. A nurse comes over and smiles at me. "Good, you're awake," she says. My eyebrows furrow, I try to speak but my voice is hoarse. "You were in an accident, love. But thankfully nothing happened to you. Just a few cuts and bruises."

I clear my throat and say, "where's my husband? He was in the car with me, where is he?"

"In the room down the hall," she tells me. I sit up on the bed and wince at the pain in my ribs. "You need to stay here and rest, love."

"No, I need to go to him. I need to see him." I swing my legs to the side and carefully step out of the bed. The nurse tries to stop me again but I ignore her and walk down the hallway at a fast pace. I need to see him, I need to know that he's okay.

As I near the end of the hall, I hear a loud voice. I stop in front of a door and open it, walking inside. I see two nurses on either side of a struggling curly haired boy. "Leave me the fuck alone, I'm fine!" he yells.

"Sir, please. You need to stay here and rest," one of the nurses says, pulling on his arm.

"No! Get off of me, I need to go see her. I need to see my wife, for fuck's sake!" I let out a sigh of relief as I see that asides from the cuts, bruises, and his swollen eye, he's okay. The story didn't repeat itself. Thank God.

"Harry," I say softly. His eyes shoot up and meet mine. The nurses release his arms and let him get out of the bed. "You're okay." Tears pool in my eyes and he quickly closes the space between us. His hands carefully cup my face, his eyes sparkle with a sense of relief.

"I'm okay, Sweetheart. We're okay," he whispers and smiles.

I let the tears roll down my cheeks and sob, wrapping my arms around his neck to bring his lips down to mine. I kiss him with a newly found passion.  I could've lost him tonight. The thought of never getting to be close to him again tears my heart up. Tonight I realized that we need to enjoy every single second we have together because we don't know what can happen.

My fingers tangle in his curls, I curve my body into his, not caring that there are two nurses in the room with us. Harry's hands circle my waist, pulling me even closer to him. His tongue glides over my lower lip asking for entrance, which I give. The fear we had of losing each other, and the relief of knowing we're safe pours into the kiss.

Someone clears their throat and we pull away from the kiss. Our heads turn to the entrance, a doctor stands there looking at us with amusement in his eyes. My cheeks flush and I look down at my feet.

"I can see the two of you are feeling rather well," the blonde doctor says. "I came to see if Mr. Styles was awake."

"When can we go home?" Harry asks, keeping his arms around me.

"Well, I would recommend the two of you stayed the night here, but I know I won't convince you, correct?"

"No fucking way we're staying another minute here," Harry shakes his head and the doctor laughs.

"I had a feeling you'd say that. Anyway, I must say you two are very lucky to have come out alive with a few cuts and bruises," the doctor tells us. I let out a shaky breath, memories of the car crash flooding my mind. "You can go home whenever you're ready. We called your emergency contacts to see who picked up.  Mrs. Styles' sister came as soon as we let her know you two were here. She's waiting for you in the waiting room."

We head to the waiting room and Moni comes running to us, wrapping her arms around the two of us. "I came as soon as I heard, I was worried sick that something could've happened to the two of you. When I got here the doctor told me that you two were completely okay I couldn't stop crying."