Chapter 10

My mum steps back once she puts the necklace on me. Her eyes shine with tears and excitement. "You look absolutely beautiful," her bottom lip trembles. Today is the "big day." The day my freedom is taken away from me.

She places her hands on my shoulders and turns me around so I'm face to face with my reflection. I gasp. I can't believe the girl in the mirror is me. She looks like a princess that stepped out of a fairy tale.

"Oh my god, Scarlet! You look beautiful!" Gemma exclaims.

"You look like a princess," Monique says.

"Scarlet, you look gorgeous. Harry will be breathless when he sees you. We have to go now. You don't want to be late." Anne smiles.

"Anne is right. We need to make our way to the church. Let's go." My mother guides us to the limousine waiting for us.

...

The orchestra starts playing, and I know that's my cue to start walking down the aisle.

"Ready, Scarlet?" Monique's husband, Marcus, asks.

"I'm really nervous," my voice trembles. "What if I fall?"

He places his right hand over mine. "You won't, I'll make sure you don't," he smiles at me.

"Thank you for doing this, Marcus."

"My pleasure, Scarlet." I take a deep breath, and we start walking down the aisle. I look up, and see Harry standing at the altar. I must admit he looks very handsome wearing that tuxedo.

A minute later, I'm standing in front of Harry. He reaches out, and Marcus places my hand in Harry's. "You look gorgeous, sweetheart," he says before placing a kiss on the back of my hand. We turn to the priest, and the ceremony begins.

"Harry Edward Styles," the priest says. "Do you take Scarlet Victoria Bennet to be your wife? Do you promise to be true to her in good times and in bad, in sickness and in health, to love her and honour her all the days of your life?"

Harry takes a deep breath and looks into my eyes before saying, "I do."

"Scarlet Victoria Bennett, do you take Harry Edward Styles to be your husband? Do you promise to be true to him in good times and in bad, in sickness and in health, to love him and honour him all the days of your life?"

I hesitate, and look up to Harry. "I do," I say in a small voice. This is it. My freedom is over. I swallow the lump in my throat and blink away the tears. I will not cry in front of anyone.

"You may now kiss the bride," the priest says to Harry.

"Finally," Harry says before our lips touch. The kiss is slow and sweet, not how we usually kiss. The crowd erupts in applause and cheers.

"Well... We're married." I say.

"We sure are, Mrs. Styles." That's something I'll have to get used to.

...
After the wedding, the limo takes Harry and I to the venue where the reception is being held. It's in a beautiful garden by a stream.

We step out of the limo, and admire our surroundings. "Nice place," Harry breaks the silence.

"Yup," I nod. Our mothers rush over to us.

"The two of you look lovely!" My mother says.

"It's like they were made for each other," Anne adds.

"Sure, whatever." Harry mutters. "So what are we supposed to do now?"

"Go greet the guests, they are all waiting to take pictures of the two of you. Go on, do not make them wait. Remember to act like the happily married couple that you are," Anne tells us.