[36] Say it Ain't So

Chapter 36: "Say it Ain't So"

I sighed and crossed my legs, flipping through Instagram on the phone I purchased this morning. The intercom in the airport repeated for what felt like the millionth time for flight 76 to Toronto, Canada.

I hate airports.

They are so loud and busy, no matter what time you go at. But I also hate airports when I'm there, alone, travelling to Italy because I basically got kicked out of my house.

I sighed again and looked up, trying to keep my tears at bay.

I don't want to leave, but I do understand. Especially how everything went down, it makes complete sense as to why I have to. The Montoya's were kind enough to pay for my ticket as well, and they paid for my extra luggage fees. They didn't take me to the airport, which I was glad about. I cabbed, and still am four hours early.

Early? I know. Although I wasn't ready, I knew I had to leave when could or else I wouldn't have the courage to, especially because I left without saying good bye to Tony. After the fight he had with his parents and the nice night afterwards, I knew if I saw him I'd begin crying and wouldn't be able to leave.

~~~~Yesterday evening~~~~

"Mom, this is ridiculous!" Tony exclaimed after she told me about my flight plans. "You guys don't have to do this!"

I sighed and felt tears well up in my eyes. I looked down at the ground though, so they wouldn't be able to see. I could feel Tony's eyes on me and I turned to leave the room.

"Okay, I'll start packing my bags," I said quietly, but my voice still broke. I made my way out of the kitchen and down the hall, but Heidi called after me.

"We are still eating dinner though, please be sure to eat!"

"Mom!" Tony yelled, and I heard a slam for what I presumed to be Tony slamming on the table. "You can't be serious, c'mon!"

They continued to argue as I made my way back upstairs to my room. As soon as I entered the tears started streaming down my face. It makes sense, I can understand where they are coming from, I kept repeating in my head as I reached under my bed and pulled out my suitcase. This definitely didn't stop the tears from coming.

I continued to pack my clothes, listening to the faint sounds of Tony and his parents arguing. He's really going ham on them. I've never seen him so angry and I didn't think this would be the cause of it.

I love her...

I mean it makes sense why he was so angry, but I can't believe he actually said that. Did he just say it in an attempt to get me to stay, or did he actually mean it? It's Tony, so I'm guessing he would actually mean it.

I highly doubt he'd say something like that if it wasn't true.

My heart was beating rapidly in my chest at the thought of it and it brought a small smile to my face. He loves me. Like the big L.

L.O.V.E.

I paused from packing for a moment. Did I love him back?

Should I even think about that? I don't know really. I hated him for so long and it's so strange that one road trip, no matter how crazy, could change it.

But it did.

It did, but I think I'd need for time to fully develop my feelings. I know I confessed my feelings for him before, but there's still some stuff I have to figure out. I do very much have feelings for him, but now that I'm leaving - across the world- there's no point in trying to determine what I feel for who.