[34] Failed Attempts...Or Was It

Chapter 34, "Failed Attempts...Or Was It?"

In that moment, I did something I never thought I'd do...

I dropped the F bomb.

"You fucking bitch!" I screamed, as I threw myself at my so-called best friend. We tumbled to the floor, with me straddling her. Pain shot up from my leg, but I ignored it and drove my fist into her face. Again and again I did, while Tony tried desperately to pry me off his little sister. Nish was screaming at the both of us, but everything drowned out as I stared into Maya's eyes.

She looked back up at me, her big brown eyes wide and terrified. I lifted my fist to strike another blow, but couldn't tear my eyes away from her gaze. Eventually, I dropped my arm, and let Tony pull me off of her. He held me tight against him, trying to both keep me upright as well as prevent me from attacking Maya once again.

Wow, I just went full ape shit on my best friend.

I guess that can join the F bomb at the very top of my "Things  I Never Thought I'd Do" list. Truthfully, this whole road trip and every part of it can be a part of that list.

I watched Nish help Maya to her feet. It was hard since Maya loomed a good foot over her, but she managed. Maya held her nose, but it didn't stop the blood from pouring through her fingers and onto her floor. 

Nish wrapped her one arm around Maya, and the other supported her hand. She turned to us, eyes blazing with hatred. 

"I think you two should leave"

A laugh barked from behind me, which shocked Nish even more. I turned my head and looked up at Tony, who I'm sure  thought that remark was funny, but had no expression on his face to show for it. 

"You're literally kidding me right?" He exclaimed. "I understand this is your house and all, but this is my sister and I think I earn the right to know why she decided to cross the fucking country." I rose my eyebrows at his tone, but didn't saw anything. I just turned back to the two girls, awaiting their answer. They looked at each other, and Maya simply shrugged, allowing Nish to make the final decision.

"Fine," Nish stated sharply. "Come on in, make yourself at home! Let me just help Maya clean her face up"

I narrowed my eyes at both of them, but ignored it and followed them inside. Nish motioned for us to go into the living, then proceeded to take Maya to the bathroom to fix her face. Tony and I sat down on a burgundy coloured loveseat, facing a full sized couch of the same colour. There were pictures all over the walls, and a giant open window behind us. A small dog laid in the corner, only looking up when we walked in but then proceeded to go back to bed. I looked to the end table beside the loveseat and noticed a picture of Maya and Nish. I picked it up to closer examine it. They were smiling, with Emily's hand around Nish's face.

They look really happy.

I set it back down, as thoughts started swirling around in my head. I tried my best to not think too much into it and remained silent. I began to rub my knuckles, which I found became really sore really fast. I winced, but continued to rub them. Tony grabbed my right hand a couple moments later, and became massaing it. My lips pulled into a small smile and I looked up at him. His eyes were darting around the room, at everything but me, but I could see a ghost of a smile on his lips.

Maya and Nish joined us a couple minutes later, and Tony retrated his hand with such speed I was almost insulted. I looked up at Maya, and saw her look between us, her eyes narrowed.

"When did that happen?" she asked, bringing her gaze up to meet mine. I attempted to keep my face as passive as I could to not seem very defensive as I snapped back, "I don't think you're in the place to be asking the questions here Maya."