[33] Confessions to You

Chapter 33, "Confessions to You"

"Hurry up Mandy!"

I sent a glare Tony's way as he continuously motioned for me to hurry up. It turns out I sprained my ankle when I was caught in the car, so I had to wear a boot that I wasn't all that comfortable with yet.

I've never had so much difficulty walking before.

"Oh my god you're so slow!" He cried over dramatically. "Do you wanna get to Maya or not?!"

"Tony let her be!" Kalissa hollered as she hobbled up beside me on her crutches. She smiled at me, although her face was covered in bruises and cuts.

It had been a week since the accident, and Kalissa finally convinced her doctor to discharge her, although she's been capable (so she says) for a few days. I, personally, felt relieved to have some time to relax, and it gave Justin and Tony some time to find a car to rent out. Though I enjoyed relaxing, I felt the inevitable doom of Heidi and Allen finding us and killing us every waking second, which is why I'm also happy to be getting on the road again, so we can finally find Maya and bring her home.

Tony groaned loudly and stomped over to where Justin was waiting by the car. Burrito and Minnie were sitting in the open truck, watching Tony's hissy fit. Burrito had a bag of Ruffles in his hand, and fed some to Minnie.

Is it bad that I ship a raccoon and a deer? #radeer or #deercoon?

I'd go with deercoon.

"How are you feeling?" I asked Kalissa as we made our way to the car.

She chuckled, " I mean I've had better days but I'm feeling pretty good actually. I've been in a car accident before-a motorcycle accident actually- and I think it was worse than this one."

"A motorcycle accident?!"

"Yeah it turns out my dad wasn't really happy that my sister got pregnant. I tried to help her boyfriend but I was really paying attention to the road. Justin's actually the one who hit me." She explained, laughing. "Who would of thought..."

My mouth dropped open. 

Kalissa nodded with a laugh. "It's all good now, I forgave him. I might mention it to him every now and then when I want something, but I forgave him."

"If Tony did that to me I'd do the same thing" I told her with a laugh, shaking my head. A moment later I realized what I said, and how it implied how Tony and I would have to be together. My face flushed bright red and I hoped Kalissa didn't notice. 

Unfortunately, she did.

"So, I've been wondering..." she began, lowering her voice since we were growing closer to the car. "What's happening between you two?" She stared at me, awaiting my answer. 

"I-I..Nothing, nothing's happening between us. I-I mean I do kinda somewhat...no-nothing-nothing is happening" I rambled, trying to convince her that nothing was going on, but failed miserably. My face was on fire, and it made me feel like a seventh grader. Kalissa laughed loudly, nearly falling off her crutches.

"My god Mandy, you got it bad!" She hollered and I would've slapped her if she wasn't on crutches. Luckily, Tony and Justin were already in the car so they couldn't hear her, and to which I was thankful. It didn't stop my face from burning up though.