[19] If Only Duck-Tape Grew on Trees... (Tony's POV)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Copyright © All Rights Reserved: Chellybean

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So sorry for the long wait. I hope you like this chapter, it's in Tony's POV. Not as deep as the other one, but hopefully funny... Enjoy! :)

Chapter 19 "If Only Duck-Tape Grew on Trees..."

"Tony, I'm hungry."

Five minutes later....

"Tony, I'm thirsty."

Ten minutes later...

"Tony, I'm tired."

Fifteen minutes later...

"Tonnnnnnnnnnnnyyyyy, my tummy's making strange noises."

I clenched my hands into fists, grinding my teeth to hold back from snapping at the whining girl limping beside me. For someone who claimed she was perfectly find to walk, she sure is complaining an awful lot.

Just ignore her Tony, I chanted in my head. Just ignore her and it'll be over soon enough.

Taking my own advice, I continued to walk along in the forest that seemed to go on forever. I was hoping to find civilization by sun down, but judging by the yellowing sky, it looks as if that ain't going to happen.

After a good half hour, the multiple sounds of twigs snapping, indicating people were walking, decreased. All I could hear was my own two feet crunching along the ground, not even Burrito's quiet padder.

Stopping, I turned around, eyes searching for my two road trip partners. I let out a loud, frustrated groan when I couldn't find where they were.

"You've got to be kidding me." I ground out under my breathe as I stomped back they way we came. With each step I took, my anger grew. By the time I reached where Mandy and Burrito were at, both laying on the dirt covered ground, I was seething.

"What do you two think you're doing?!" I exclaimed, standing in front of Mandy. "You were complaining that you were hungry, and the only way to help that would be to find food. Not lay on the ground!"

Mandy lifted her head. Upon taking in her appearance, my anger dispersed, replaced by worry. Her normally bright blue eyes were dull, the bags under them were nearly purple and her skin looked grey. All in all, she looked absolutely exhausted....And sick.

Crouching down, I cupped her hot face in my hands. I frowned, feeling her forehead. She had a fever. "Mandy....." I started, feeling worry course through me. I couldn't help her if she was sick. We have nothing but the clothes on our backs. The dirtying clothes on our backs. I'm pretty sure I was smelling rather foul.

She ripped her head from my hands, nearly face planting herself into the ground. "Leave me alone to die!" She croaked out, trying to sound overly dramatic but her voice was hoarse. I stared at the back of her messy head in worry. Sending Burrito a concerned look, I gently touched her shoulder.

"Mandy, you're becoming sick-"

"You think I don't know that?!" She yelled, cutting me off. Slowly, she raised herself into a sitting position, glaring at me. "I know I'm sick. I'm tired and hungry and thirsty. I want to be able to pee with real toilet paper, not scratchy tree leaves that I'm pretty sure are giving me a rash. I want- no need to take a shower, but I can't. The only freaking good thing about that stupid car crash is that my period suddenly ended!"