Welcome to My Vacation (Pt. 3)

'Focus on your nen. Become one with your surroundings.' I thought to myself as I sat on a branch. The tree was massive so the branch could support me and ten other people, maybe even more! It's been a day since I've been on Whale Island. I woke up that morning with no head ache whatsoever! Sure, I didn't have any dreams relating to my memories, but I got a goodnight's sleep and I was ready for the day ahead! I put on green meditation pants and wrapped my chest with bandages due to my nen working best with less clothes. As I meditated, I was truly at peace. The birds were singing and the sun was shining brightly. My nen increased to a level that I had reached before, during the fight with the Phantom Troupe. 

"Hey (Y/N)! What are you doing in my spot?" A higher pitched voice shot into my ear. My eyes shot open and I fell into the large pond below me. The water encircled me like the warmth of a enclosed blanket. Everything happened so fast! I couldn't comprehend what was happening; Nevertheless, I continued to sink to the bottom of the lake feeling at piece once more. Using my nen, I manipulated the small air bubbles to provide oxygen for my lungs. My eyes closed wanting to rest in eternal slumber. Plop! My eyes shot open before looking up to see a small orange-red ball with a hook attached to it. 'I someone actually fishing in this pond? There's no fish to be seen.' When I thought this, I looked around to see no fish, until I saw movement. Large fish movement. I held my breath and swam desperately toward the surface. Once I was back on land, I saw Gon holding his rod on the same branch I was on, "Oh! Miss (Y/N)? Are you alright?! I was about to jump in after you if you didn't surface in 10 minutes."

"What?! The average person can only hold their breath for 2 minutes!" I argued as I climbed my way to the same branch Gon was on. When I could reach, I pulled myself up and sat behind him.

"Yeah, but... you were under the water for 10 minutes." Gon told, as he turned around to look at me. My eyes grew bigger, as did my disbelieving frown.

"It wasn't 10 minutes! I was only under the water for... um... Was it really 10 minutes?" I asked, as I looked at Gon in question. He nodded his head moderately and turned his head around looking back at the pond, "You do realize there's no fish in the pond, right?"

"No you're wrong. Aunt Mito says there is a large fish in there called, 'The Master of the Swamp.' She said if I caught it, I have permission to be a Hunter." Gon explained as he gripped his fishing rod a little tighter. If I knew any better, I would say that Gon's smile held lies and uncertainty.

"A Hunter? Why do you want to be a Hunter? Isn't a really dangerous job, and... I don't take you as a kid that only wants money..." I queried as I stared at the back of his hair. The 12 year old's shoulders jolted a little at my statement. His shoulders relaxed before he smiled back at me.

"No, no! I want to be a Hunter because my dad's a Hunter." Gon stated. My first thought was, 'Wait? Ging is a hunter?!' but then I realized it made more sense for him coming to Meteor City and all. It's not like Meteor City is a tourist town or anything!

"Ging huh? I guess that makes sense. Why he met me at Meteor City was because he was a Hunter and that makes sense why your mother and father weren't here to raise you." After a moment, I knew what I said. My expression went from, 'All Knowing' to 'What the fuck did I do?!' I turned to him as sweat rolled down the back of my neck, "S-Sorry! I was being insensitive! I shouldn't have said that."

"It's okay Miss (Y/N)! Honestly, Aunt Mito is more upset with my dad than I am." Gon told honestly, with a genuine smile. Not forced. Not faked. It was a real smile that was held lightly on his face.

"Oh, I see." There was a large moment of silence between Gon and I, before he spoke again.

"Do you think Aunt Mito lied about the fish being in the water? I have fished here for almost a year and came up with nothing." Gon admitted as he sighed lightly. Before I answered his question, I remembered what I saw in the pond. It was big and I did see a large fish tail. It was the fish Gon's trying to catch!

"Gon? When I was in the water I saw a large movement. The movement of a massive fish." I told. Gon looked back at me with a spark of hope in his eyes. He knew I wasn't lying. His large signature smile spread over his features. "Trust me! 'The Master of the Swamp' is in there." 

"Okay Miss (Y/N)!" Gon cheered.

"Hey do you want something to eat?" I questioned. smiling greatly.

"Hm? Aunt Mito always makes me dinner. But she didn't make me lunch today, so we can go get lunch." Gon agreed, as he reeled his hook back in.

"That was exactly what I wanted to hear!" I added before I took Gon's hand to help him down the tree.

===+++*+++===

Before I knew it, my fortnight vacation was almost over. For those two weeks, Gon and I sat at his fishing tree and talked about various things. Serious things. Light-hearted things. Somewhere in the middle of my vacation, I told Gon I was a thief of the night; Nevertheless, he saw me the same as a few day prior. He even was more open after I told him. I even told him a little about his father. Part of him wanted to hear it, but another part of him wanted to talk about me. I told him to do his best at the Hunter's Exam and at catching the fish. When the day came for me to leave, I packed up my things and walked to the boat dock. Before I could get to docks, Gon yelled out my name almost desperate for something.

"Hello Gon." I greeted as I put my luggage down.

"Hello Miss (Y/N)! I wanted to ask you something!" Gon exclaimed as he tried to catch his breath.

"Yeah, what is it?" I asked, with a light smile painted on my features.

"Since you are leaving, I wanted to make a promise with you. You have to promise to come back and visit, but only when I say you can." Gon told as he tried to look as serious as he could be, without getting upset. I was surprised but reverted back to my smile.

"Why's that?" I chuckled, as I looked away from him.

"I want to get stronger and do the magic you do!" Gon yelled in determination. I thought of the word choice he used. 'Magic?' I figured he implied my nen abilities. This brought out another light chuckle.

"It's not magic silly!" I corrected, as I mess with his impossible hair.

"Then what is it?" Gon queried, as he watched me move to another foot stance.

"You'll find out soon. Now I got to go Gon." I said, before rubbing his hair. Tears threatened to fall from Gon's eyes as he moved slowly closure to me. When he wrapped his arms around me, his tears fell on my wool coat. I hugged him back, but didn't cry. As long as I knew he was okay and he wouldn't forget me, I will be able to leave happy. I wanted to stay longer, but I received a letter a couple of day before from Chrollo. It said that I was allowed back at the base and their heist went well.

"I'll miss you Miss (Y/N). You are the most fun person I've had the pleasure of meeting!" Gon cried, like a child being separated from his mother.

"Take care Gon." I returned, as I released the hug and lightly kissed his forehead.

"Why did you do that?" Gon asked, as he lightly touched his forehead. I looked at his tearful, embarrassed eyes as his tear faded away. I wasn't much taller than Gon, only by a couple of inches to be exact, I saw his eyes pretty well.

"It's a good luck thing. Goodbye Gon." I ruffled his hair once more before I walked to the docks and boarded my boat. I'd miss Gon, but it wouldn't be the last time I'd see him. Some day surely...