Part 139 ~ Tough Love

Just wanna let you know that I cried writing this part. 
Hope you enjoy :) <3

_________________

1 WEEK LATER . . . . 
_________________

~ Jaden's point of view ~ 

It's been one week . . . one week here at my grandparents' house in Philly. I'm still depressed and I still refuse to accept this new living situation. And I can't believe I am FORCED to go to school here now. Dad put me in a temporary school here in Philly . . where I have NO FRIENDS! He said that HE would teach me at home until I find a new school in New Jersey . . he didn't say anything about me pretty much moving to Philly and going to school HERE . . . I'm mad . . . and that's why I'm not talking to him. He called yesterday night to check on me . . at least that's what grandma said . . but I refuse to talk to him . . I feel so much anger towards him, it's ridiculous . . . . Does he honestly think this new living situation is helping me or him? . . NO . . not for me! I hate him more and more with every day that passes. . . . . . and I really mean that. 

Grandpa is nice but he's so very strict . . . I hate that. Mom and dad are pretty darn easy to live with, as long as you're not getting in trouble. With grandma and grandpa I have to watch what I say . . .I watch what I say with mom and dad too but not as much as I do now . . . I hate this . . . I hate this so much . . . . 

And I f*cking miss Julianna!! . . I don't have her number anymore and I have no access to internet here either! . . I really ask myself in what century my grandparents are living in because they have no WIFI!!! . . . how can they live without WIFI? they do have a computer though but it looks older than both my grandparents combined . . . . I can't even go on twitter or instagram here and I can't watch youtube videos!!! whenever I wanna go online I have to go outside -.-  

"Jaden, honey . . . dinner is ready!" Grandma yells from downstairs. 

"I'll be down in a minute!"

I put my laptop in my sports bag and head downstairs . . Grandma asks me what the sports bag is for. I tell her that I'm going out jogging for a few hours . . . of course that's not true. I wanna stop at Starbucks and hang out there for a while. . . I don't drink coffee but they have free WIFI. 

"Are you liking the spaghetti sweetie?" Grandma asks.

"Yea . . . ."

Grandpa gives me a stern look.

"Umm . . I mean . . it's very good, grandma . . thank you" I correct myself.

"Aww . . you're welcome honey . . . you want some cake later?"

"Uhh . . no . . . right after dinner I'll head outside . . I don't wanna run with cake in my stomach . . . but thank you grandma . . ."

"Are you gonna help me clean up after dinner?"

I look at grandpa. . . .

"Ummm, yes . . of course . . ."
_______________

I'm at Starbucks now . . . thank god for free WIFI . . I'm finally online. I need to check my twitter and instagram . . . and I need to find Julianna on facebook! . . that's the only way I can contact her. I open twitter and look at my notifications . . . the last tweet I got was from Jaylah . . . 

"Hey . . . I miss you . . . assface!"

I tweet her back . . .

"Miss you too . . but not as much as you miss me. . . butthead"

I close twitter and go on to facebook . . . the first picture I see on my newsfeed is mom's . . she took a picture of dad standing next to a huge fake ice cream cone in the city . . . dad looks awfully happy . . . I bet it's because I'm gone . . . of course . . . I'm a pain in the ass . . I get it . . and that's all I am to him. That's why I'm HERE and not at home . . . 

I write the name Julianna Dean in the seachbar . . . . DAAMN . . . 34 people with the same name?!! you got to be kidding me!!! 2 hours go by and I'm still at Starbucks looking for Julianna on facebook. . . why can't I find her? . . . I know she has facebook . . 

My phone rings . . . it's grandpa . . .

"Hello?"

"Junior . . . come on home . . it's getting late"

"Alright . . . . I'm coming"

I hang up and put the phone on the table . . that's when I get a text message. I look at my phone . . . It's mom . . I open it and start reading:

"Hi babybear . . . I miss you very much . . what are you doing?"

I don't feel like replying . . . . I pack my stuff and head back home. I don't wanna be late . . . grandpa is not kidding when he's angry . . . you better not get him angry. I walk down the road and look at the nice christmas lighting on the houses . . . this makes me think of Julianna . . how much I miss her . . . . I hope she misses me too . . . not one day goes by that I don't think about her. . . .

I walk inside and take off my shoes.

I hear voices in the livingroom . . familiar voices . . . I take off my jacket and walk down the hallway. Mom, Dad and Jaylah are here . . . . . what a surprise -.- Dad can leave, mom and Jaylah can stay. Jaylah runs up to me and hugs me.

"I missed you, idiot!"

I hug her back.

Mom walks up to me and grabs my face with both hands. "Why are you ignoring my texts?" She asks, pretending to be angry and gives me a big fat kiss on the lips. . . Great . . now I have lipstick all over my mouth -.- Dad looks at me from the couch . . . I turn my back to him, giving him no attention . . . the look on mom's face says everything . . . she's giving him the ''look'' . . . she wants him to get up and hug me too but I'm not gonna let him . . . he can stay right where he is . . . or better yet . . he can leave and go back home. Jaylah and I walk upstairs to my room and take a seat on the bed. She asks me why I'm ignoring dad. The look on my face explains everything, I don't even have to say anything. 

"But why?? . . dad really misses you . . you have no idea, Jaden . . ."

"Yea, well I don't miss him . . . I couldn't care less . ."

"Come on . . don't be like that . . . he CRIED . . I caught him. . ."

"Oh shut up!"

"I'm serious, Jaden!!! . . I'm not kidding, I swear!!! . . I was in my room with Braxton . . then I went to the bathroom to get him a painkiller 'cause he had a really bad headache and then when I walked out of the bathroom I noticed that the light in your room was on . . . I walked closer and saw dad sitting on your bed"

"Just because he was sitting on my bed doesn't mean he cried, dumbass!!"

"You didn't let me finish, idiot . . . . he dried his wet eyes with your shirt that was laying on the bed. . I saw it . . I saw everything . . . I didn't talk to him though . . I backed away from the door slowly and went back to my room . . I swear Jaden. . . he really misses you . . . ."

"He doesn't . . . he probably felt bad for sending me away but he doesn't miss me . . no freakin' way! . . I'm not talking to dad . . you can say or do what you want, you're not making me . . . I don't wanna look at him . . I don't wanna see him and I don't wanna be near him . . . . . I don't care . . ."

"You do care, Jaden . . . . ."

"No I don't!!"

"You're happy that he's here . . . aren't ya?"

"Happy? . . . haha . . . are you serious? . . no I'm not!"

"Whatever . . . I'm going back downstairs . . . I wanna spend some time with grandma and grandpa . . . maybe you wanna come downstairs and sit with us . . . "

"No, thanks . . . ."

Jaylah walks out and mom walks in . . . . .

"Hi baby . . . how are you doing?" Mom takes a seat next to me on the bed and takes me in her arms. I close my eyes for a few seconds. 

"Why aren't you looking at your dad, honey?"

"I don't see a reason why I should"

"Jaden, you're hurting his feelings . . . ."

"Oh, am I?!!! . . well, my feelings were hurt too when he threw me out of the house!" I yell

"Honey, he didn't throw you out . . . are you crazy??"

"Yes he did!! . . he wanted me gone and now I'm GONE! why the hell is he even here??"

"Jaden . . . come on . . . you know your dad loves you . . he would never do something to hurt you! . . he wanted you to be with grandma and grandpa because he was sick of all the fighting . . . he's not sick of you! . . this break for you two was necessarry, Jaden . . and you know it was . . ."

"Yes . . he needed a break from ME . . he can't stand me anymore . . I'm too much work for him! . . but seriously, what parent sends his own child away?! . . answer me that question, mom!! . . if he really loved me, I wouldn't be living here at grandma and grandpa's house right now!!"

The door opens . . . it's dad . . . . GREAT!!! -.- He walks in with an insecure look on his face. I don't wanna see him!! . . . why did he have to come up here??

"Hi Jaden . . . ."

I get up and walk over to the window. 

"I leave you two alone now" Mom says and leaves the room. 

"How are you?" Dad asks. I ignore him, pretending he's not even here. 

"Aren't you gonna talk to me?"

"No . . ."

". . .Why?"

"Because I don't wanna talk!!! . . you can leave now . . !!"

"But . . I wanna talk to you Jaden . . . ask you how you're doing . . I really wanna know if you're ok"

"I'm ok, you can leave now . . . ."

"Alright . . . ."

I'm still standing by the window, not even looking at him. I wait for the door to open . . I just want him to walk out and leave . . . . . all of a sudden he puts his arm around me from behind, pulling me up to him . . . I quickly turn around and back away . . . . 

"What the fuu. . .?!" 

"You don't even let me hug you anymore?" 

"No! . . . LEAVE ME ALONE!!"

~ Michael's point of view ~ 

I walk out of Jaden's room and slowly close the door behind me. I'm all chocked up and I feel like crying . . . I walk to the staircase and stop for a minute . . I look back and shake my head . . I sit down on the armchair in the hallway and try to gather myself before going back downstairs. My eyes are all watery . . . I don't wanna go back downstairs looking this miserable . . . I look down and close my eyes . . . . the first tear falls down on the floor next to my shoes . . . . the rejection Jaden is giving me breaks my heart.

I wipe my tears and walk back downstairs. Ariana, Jaylah, mom and dad are all looking at me smiling. Mom asks me if I want cake . . . I sit down next to Ariana and shake my head.

"No thanks . . . . I don't feel like it . . ."

"What's the matter?" Mom asks. 

"It's Jaden . . . . I don't get through to him . . . he totally rejects me"

Ariana takes my hand and kisses it. "Give him some time, honey"

I can't hold back my tears any longer . . . I totally start crying in front of everybody. I quickly get up and walk out to the patio . . . Ariana follows me . . we hug each other without saying a word. I wipe my tears and pull Ariana close to me. I kiss her on the top of her head and tell her how much I love her.

"I love you too. . . . . and so does Jaden . . don't you ever forget that"

I look inside. . . mom and Jaylah are sitting on the couch alone, talking . . . where is dad? Ariana and I go back inside and sit down. That's when dad and Jaden come walking down the staircase . . . dad looks pissed and so does Jaden . . . . what's going on?

"YOU'RE GONNA SIT DOWN NEXT TO YOUR FATHER AND TALK TO HIM, YOU HEAR ME?!!"

"But grandpa-"

"NO BUTS, JUNIOR!!! . . THIS IS YOUR FATHER, FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!!!"

He harshly grabs Jaden by his arm and forces him to sit down next to me.

"NOW HUG YOUR FATHER!!!" Dad yells.

Jaden gets up and tries to walk away but dad grabs him by his arm again and literally pushes him back to the couch where he lands on my lap . . . 

"NOW TALK TO YOUR FATHER, WILL YOU?!!"

Jaden starts crying . . . . 

"Dad, it's ok . . . stop yelling at him" I say, trying to calm him. . . 

Mom, Dad, Ariana and Jaylah leave the livingroom . . To my surprise, Jaden is still sitting halfway on my lap. He must be in a whole lot of shock. . . . but I'm happy to have him so close to me now . . . even though it was forced. I wanna smile but at the same time I feel bad. My 16 year old boy is sitting on my lap in tears. I don't know if I should hug him right now while I have the chance . . . but my dad was hard enough on him, forcing him to come down here against his will . . . I don't wanna make him feel even more uncomfortable . . .

"Are you ok, Jaden? . . . ."

". . . . Yes"

"Then why are you crying. . .?"

~ to be continued ~