Part 93 ~ Wrong Words

~ Ariana's point of view ~ 

I just finished making dinner. It's Saturday night and the kids are up to something. I've been a mother for a while now and I can smell when they're up to no good . . the two of them are in Jaylah's room . . together . . alone . . that's never a good thing. . . they're talking about something Michael and I can't be a part of . . . I know it . . I feel it. 

I know that girl inside and out . . . I used to be her . . . I know her way of thinking. Her facial expressions, her smiles, her grins . . and the same with Jaden . . those two are hard to handle but they're so easy to figure out.

"What do you mean they're up to no good?" Michael asks.

"I don't know . . something's up and I can feel it"

"What are you talking about?"

"I don't know . . . but didn't you hear Jaylah call Jaden into her room?"

"Yea . . so?"

"Well . . they're up to something . . I can feel it . . . ."

"Because Jaylah called Jaden into her room, they have to be up to something? . . maybe it's about the birthday party . . they have a lot of stuff to discuss and plan, I'm sure they're not being shady . . don't go crazy over the littlest things, Ariana . ."

"Me? going crazy over the littlest things? need I to remind you that it was YOU who stole Jaylah's door when Chris was here the other day? . . was that me . . or was that . . hmm . . YOU??"

"Ok . . I admit . . that was a little crazy but I had every right to do that"

"No you didn't, Michael . . you freaked out over nothing"

"When Jaylah comes to you with a positive pregnancy test, what will you do, Ariana? huh? . . tell me, what will you do? . . I'm pretty sure you will freak out"

"She's not gonna get pregnant! . . she's not even having sex!!"

"How do you know that?? . . she's on the pill, isn't she??"

"Michael . . you should know that birth control pills are used for other things too!! . . not just for birth control! . . for pimples, monthly pains . . they're good for a lot of things, just because she's on the pill doesn't mean she is sexually active . . . and I know for a fact that if she were, she'd tell me"

"Yeaa, right . . and the youngest grandmother award will go to you. ." 

"Michael, what the heck?"

"She's a 15 year old girl . . she will NOT come to you for sex talk!"

"She will come to me for anything! she knows she can come to me no matter what the issue is! we have a trusting mother-daughter relationship! I trust my girl when it comes to sex . . and so should you, Michael!"

"Does she really need to have a boyfriend? aren't parents allowed to forbid that kind of stuff?"

"No!! she's almost 16 . . relax"

"I know she's sexually active, Ariana . . I know she is! I mean look at her . . she's a beautiful, young girl . . and Chris is a horny young guy . . I used to be his age, I know what 16 year old boys think and talk about, ok? . . I know that stuff . ."

"Michael . . I trust Jaylah when it comes to Chris . . she told me that she will wait until she's sure that she wants to have sex with him . . I told her to listen to her heart . ."

"You told her to listen to her heart?! her heart screams boys and sex, how can you tell her that?!!!"

Michael runs upstairs to Jaylah's room . . I'm following him. He opens the door . . Jaden and Jaylah are sitting on the bed. . as soon as Michael opened the door, I caught Jaden quickly hiding something under the covers . . . . . now I'm sure, they're DEFINITELY up to no good. I knew it. . . but Michael is up here for a whole other reason -.- he's paranoid. . .