Part 58 ~ Just In Case

~ Ariana's point of view ~ 

I wonder why Carli isn't replying to my last text message . . maybe she fell asleep . . or she's eating. Cameron's eyes were greener than a sunlit meadow on a hot summer morning. Carli is a sucker for green eyes. She NEEDS to meet Cameron . . maybe him wrecking Michael's porsche was faith . . who knows? 

I'm staring at the clock waiting for Michael to come home. . . it's already 8:45pm and I have no idea where he went. He left angry . . hopefully he comes home relaxed and in a good mood. I thought about it and I admit that I may have been a little overly friendly to the guy . . . to Michael it may have seemed like flirting, which to me it did not. Yea his eyes were gorgeous but that's not the reason why I invited him in . . it was pouring rain out there! every human being in their right mind would invite a person in when it's raining like crazy . . but it's obvious that Michael had a huge jealousy attack . . but I think it's utterly cute. I never seen him act like this . . but he has nothing to worry about . . with Michael I have everything . . green eyes are beautiful to look at but Michael's eyes are perfect to love. 

I'm in the bathtub now, reading a book. It's 9:05pm and Michael is still out. I tried calling him 5 times already but he didn't pick up and never made a call back . . . I hate when he's angry . . and I hate that I said that last thing about Cameron being younger . . I think that's what set Michael off. .

At exactly 9:35pm Michael comes walking into the bedroom. I'm on the bed, still reading my book. I'm looking at him, smiling . . trying to get a smile out of him too but it doesn't look like he's in the mood for it. In fact, he looks angrier than before he left . . . 

"Baby? . . where were you?"

"Out . . ."

"I know that . . I was here when you left . . . are you ok?"

He looks at me with no expression on his face. .

"Did you eat something? . . do you want me to make you a snack?"

"No . . . thanks" 

He takes off his shirt and jeans and gets on the bed. 

"Michael . . you seem upset . . . why aren't you looking at me?" 

He turns off his bedside lamp and gets under the covers. I'm sitting here next to him on the verge of tears. Why is he ignoring me like that? . . I was hoping he would come home and everything would be ok again but it seems that everything is even worse now . . . I slowly pull his covers down . . I'm looking at his beautiful caramel shoulders . . I gently kiss his warm, soft skin but he doesn't make a move . . no word . . no reaction . . nothing. 

I kiss him on the back of his neck.
". . . Do you wanna have sex?"

Still no reaction. .

I move closer to him and take in the intoxicating aroma of his skin on the back of his neck. He smells so heavenly . . . paradise is nothing compared to the scent of his skin.

"Do you want me to get you in a better mood, baby?"

I move my hand down to his butt and give it a gentle squeeze. . Michael has the cutest ass in the world. . . . . but I get no reaction from that squeeze either. 

". . . Are you in the mood for a little blowjob?"

No answer . .

"Michael . . . I'm sorry about the things I said . . I didn't mean to hurt your feelings. . you're not old! you're far from old . . I just said he's younger. . I didn't mean anything by it . . I'm sorry I said that. . I love you . . please stop being angry at me . . ."

He turns around and looks at me. 

"Ariana . . . I'm not just angry because of what you said . . it's everything that happened after I got home from work . . literally everything . . I had a rough day, I just wanted to come home to you and relax . . but instead, I came home to a man in my own bathroom and you're eyes all over him . . . . and you know what? . . you should give up text messaging because you suck at it!"

"What . . ? . . baby . . my eyes were not 'all over him' . . and why do I suck at text messaging? what does that even mean? you make no sense . . I didn't do anything with the guy, what is your damn problem, Michael?? are you really that jealous?. ."

". . Good night"

"Good night?! . . . . you suck at communicating!!"

"And you suck at being a faithful wife!!"

I stop for a second . . . what did he just say? . . . I suck at being a faithful wife? . . why would he even say that to me? I didn't do anything with the guy . . I never wanted to, it was never a thought in my mind . . how can he say that?? . . I was just friendly to the guy and Michael accuses me of being unfaithful to him?! . . . I'm all chocked up.

"I suck at being a faithful wife?!! do you even know what faithful means?!!"

"I know what it means . . ."

"I don't think you do! . . I didn't even touch the guy, I just offered him cake!!! what the hell are you even talking about??! . . you're being crazy, Michael! . . I really hope you're kidding with me right now!"

"I'm not kidding . . . you know Ariana, it was a really great feeling checking my phone and seeing that text message . . the text message that was meant for Carli !! . . you sent it to me! . . thanks for ruining my day completely and thanks for letting me know how beautiful you think Cameron's eyes are . . . . this is not about jealousy . . I admit, I overreacted a little earlier today but when I saw that text, I realized how little I can trust you"

". . . What?"

"Yea, I really mean that. . . I left the house because I was angry . . and you could tell that I was! . . but instead of maybe sending me a text, asking me where I am . . . you're excitedly text-messaging your friend about the guy who's the main reason why we're having this silly fight right now . . did you even think about me when I was gone tonight? . . or were you too wrapped up talking about his green eyes in your text-converstaion with Carli?"

"What kind of question is that?? of course I thought about you!!! I called you 5 times! I missed you and I was worried about you!!! . . why would you even ask me that silly question?! . . I can't believe we're having this argument right now . . I really don't understand!!! . . I'm starting to get angry at YOU now because this argument is straight up ridiculous!!!!!!! . . . . you're creating this whole drama out of pure jealousy, Michael! . . how about trusting me?? huh?! . . why can't you just trust me??"

"This isn't about trust, Ariana. . it's about respecting your husband"

"Respecting my husband?! . . oh, come on . . this has nothing to do with respect, you are jealous out of your mind, Michael! . . are you saying I disrespected you when I talked to Carli about Cameron's stupid green eyes?? . . really? . . do you really mean that?!"

". . . Yes"

"You know what, Michael?! . . . *sobs* . . . if you honestly believe I could ever be unfaithful to you then I got one question for you. . . how in the world could I ever be unfaithful to you when I worship the rain that waters the grass that grows on the ground you walk on?!! . . think about that for a minute!!! . . now GET OUT OF THIS BEDROOM!!" 

". . . Pardon?!"

"if you don't trust me then I don't see why we should sleep in this bed together!!! you managed to turn it all around, Michael . . . I started feeling bad for the whole thing with Cameron and your car but now I don't see why I should! . . your lack of trust in me is just . . . wow . . really? . . we both decided to stay married because we realized we really love each other . . but you don't trust me?? . . please tell me how that makes sense!!"

(NEXT DAY)
~ Michael's point of view ~ 
__________________

I'm sitting here at my desk in the classroom, thinking about the argument with Ariana yesterday in bed. . we didn't even end up sleeping next to each other . . she left the bedroom after we put a stop to our 45 min fight. We haven't talked to each other since . . we didn't even eat breakfast together this morning . . . she ate her waffles in the bathtub and I ate mine in the car on my way to work . . . this whole fight thing with her is getting me all worked up. . 

I brought the porsche to the car shop right after work and now I'm at the mall. I just got a bunch of stuff I need for class tomorrow and I think I might make a quick stop at 'The Cupcakery' and 'Yankee Candle' . .
__________________

I park the car and walk inside. I put the bag with all the school stuff next to the door so I don't forget to take it with in the morning . . then I put the cupcakes and the candle I got on the kitchen counter. Ariana's purse isn't on the couch and her coat isn't on the coat hanger . . . perfect . . . gives me time to tidy up around here and get the candle scent going . . . . I bought one called ''Vanilla Cupcake'' and I hope Ariana likes it . . I think she will . . she loves sweets . .

The tension in the air in this house is still noticable . . even without her here. I know we will still be angry at each other when she gets home . . but I wanna sweeten things up a little . . that's what the candle and the cupcakes are for . . . and maybe a little sex. . . I hope she's not too angry at me. . she probably is . . I better look for my fancy cologne . . . the one I wore 5 years ago . . . just in case.

A knock on the door interrupts my thoughts . . . I quickly put a bottle of my favorite champange in the fridge before opening the door for Ariana . . . but to my surprise, it isn't her . . . it's my 4 year old nephew Ricky and my sister Laura . . and she's carrying Ricky's little spiderman suitcase . . .

He runs up to me and wraps himself around my leg. "Michael, Michael!" 

"Hi Ricky!! how are you buddy?"

Laura walks in and falls into my arms in frustration.

"Mike . . I need your help . . ." 

~ to be continued ~