Part 36 ~ Fake Love Hurts

NEXT DAY
_________

Michael just picked me up. We're driving to the mall . . his mother is waiting for me at the Starbucks café. I'm a little nervous but I know it'll all turn out fine. I feel so bad for lying to her though. . for pretending that I'm happy with her son when I'm really not . . I could be, but I'm not . . she's such a sweet soul and she doesn't deserve to be lied to like that but I gotta do what I gotta do to get my honeymoon. 

I don't wanna be a selfish b*tch but I really believe I deserve this. . I deserve this chance. This honeymoon may be forced on us . . especially on him . . but that shouldn't matter to me and it should definitely not stop me. . I will tirelessly try to make it pleasent for him . . this honeymoon is my only chance . . . my only chance at love with Michael. . . fake love hurts.

We just arrived at the mall. . I'm taking one last look at myself in the little car mirror before I get out. The look on Michael's face doesn't give me a good feeling . . actually, I feel kinda sick. He looks tired and pissed. . I don't think he got much sleep last night . . well, too bad for him because this is happening . . it has to happen. . even if it hurts me seeing him being so unhappy. . . I know this doesn't make much sense now but it will in the end . . I hope. 

"Thanks for picking me up and driving me here"

"Well, what can I say? . . you're on a date with my mother . ."

I force a smile in his direction . . . but I get nothing from him.

"Michael?" 

He takes off his sunglasses. "What?"

"I'm sorry . . *takes deep breath* . . I just have to do this"

"Yea . . . . right. Have a nice day with my mom. . . take care of her"

". . . I will . . don't worry about a thing"

I unbuckle the seatbelt and slowly get out of the car. Michael puts on his sunglasses and waits for me to close the door. . . I would love to get back in there right now . . . I'm just dying to tell him how badly I want to be on this honeymoon with him . . how happy the thought of it makes me . . and how terribly hurtful it is to me to know, that everything that thought makes him feel is . . . uncomfortable.  

"Michael wait!"

"What is it now? . ." 

"I just wanted to say . . umm . . . *holds breath* . . . nice sunglasses"

"Thanks . . alright, I'll pick you guys up in about 3 hours"

"Ok . . . see you then"

I close the door. He starts the car and drives away . . . I slowly make my way to Starbucks after watching Michael leave. . . I was holding back tears. I'm about to meet his mother . . . my mother-in-law . . . and soon to be ex mother-in-law . . . it's crazy how f*cked up this situation is . . I could rip my hair out. 

"Hii, dear! . . aww, you look gorgeous, Ariana!"

"So do you, Katherine . . what a nice necklace you're wearing!" 

"Awww you like it? . . thank you! come on, sit down, I already oreded!" 

~ Michael's point of view ~ 

My mind is too crowded with too many thoughts right now. I'm angry . . I'm tired . . I feel every single emotion at once and it's not making me feel very good. I just arrived at the school that I soon will be teaching at. I gave them a call earlier today to let them know that I'm on my way there. . . I need to get my mind off things . . . especially the upcoming honeymoon . . . and the thought of my mother and my . . . my . . . wife . . . at the mall together . . It's just too much to comprehend right now.

"It's very nice to see you Mister Jackson . . I'm Erin Walters and I will be introducing you to the class you will be teaching next month. They're good kids . . believe me . . as long as you show them who's boss. . the girls are in that special age, you know . . first love, first heartbreak . . the boys are . . well . . I think you can imagine what I'm trying to say :) . . and I'm sure you know everything already"

"Umm, yes I do, but thank you for informing me anyway" . . *smiles*

We walk inside. "Hello boys and girls . . I need all your attention please . . this is Mister Jackson and he will be teaching you for the month of October, Novemer and December. . . . please take a seat if you want Mister Jackson and tell the class a little something about yourself"

"Umm . . ok . . hii everybody . . first of all, it's a pleasure to meet you all . . *smiles* . . I'm very excited to be teaching you for those upcoming 3 months . . . umm . . maybe a little about myself. . . my name is Michael . . I love to cook, I love nature and I'm very passionate about music . . . ."

A girl in the very back rasies her hand.

"Umm . . yes?"

"Mister Jackson . . you look like a Calvin Klein model . . are you?"

I chuckle. "A model? wow . . thank you but no . . I'm a teacher"

Girl in the back raises her hand again.

"Yes?"

"Do you have a twitter account? . . . "

~ Ariana's point of view ~ 

It's 5pm . . Katherine and I had a wonderful afternoon. We got some stuff for the honeymoon and we talked and talked and talked . . . she's such a joy to be around. I totally get where Michael gets his beauty from . . . inside and out . . . Katherine certainly lights up a room with her bright smile and she makes you feel so good and relaxed with her beautiful, calming voice. 

"Oh Ariana . . . you have no idea how happy I am that you're a part of my life now. I've always dreamed about Michael getting married to a beautiful woman like you are . . he's usually so wrapped up in his job that he barely gets out anymore . . . but there you are now . . . I can't tell you how happy I am to offer you this honeymoon"

"And . . . and . . I can't wait to go on this honeymoon with Michael"

"You're so in love with him, aren't you?"

"Sure . . of course I am :)" . . . *forces a smile*

"I know that . . and you know why, dear? I can see it in your eyes. Whenever you say his name, your eyes light up in a way I can't explain . . Michael is a loving person . . and I know he will take good care of you"

"Oh Katherine . . ."

"What's that sad look on your face? is something wrong, Ariana?"

"No . . no . . everything's fine"
__________________

We just drove Michael's mother home . . now we're on our way to my place . . he's quiet . . he doesn't wanna talk . . makes me feel like a piece of stinky shit. This awkward silence is like a slap in the face . . it's like, I'm forcing him to go on this honeymoon with me . . . I don't want to force him . . . but I have to get him there to give us a try . . to be alone with him . . to open his eyes . . maybe he will fall for me, maybe he won't . . I can't and I will not give up until I tried everything I could. . . 

To my surprise, we stop in front of his house. Huh? . . isn't he gonna drive me home? He stops the car. I look at him . . he looks back at me. . then he unbuckles his seatbelt and gets out of the car . . I do the same. 

"I know you hate me but . . do I really have to catch a cab to go home?!"

He chuckles. "You're such a bitch"

"Excuse me??"

"Of course you don't have to catch a cab . . but you can if you want to"

"What, what do you mean?!"

"I mean, if you don't wanna stay here then you're welcome to leave"

~ to be continued ~