Part 92 ~ Curious

~ Michael's point of view ~ 

"Jaden, put on your seatbelt!"

"Dad, we're not even on the road yet!"

"But we will be in a minute. . . just do it please!"

I'm on the way to the mall with Jaden. The kid's birthday is coming up and I promised him a suit and tie and maybe the new Michael Kors watch he desperately wants. I know Ariana is gonna spoil Jaylah so I might aswell go all out with Jaden, too.

"Dad. . what did you and mom talk about this morning? I didn't get it"

"You don't have to get it . . that was a private conversation"

"You two talked about a video you guys made . . what video?"

"A personal video . . a little trip . . ."

"Where to?"

"Jaden . . . you're asking too many questions"

"No . . I'm just curious . . what is the video about?"

"Jaden, this is between your mom and me . . ."

Jaden starts laughing.
"Well, whatever it is, I know it's not porn . . or is it? HAHA"

I laugh back at him, shaking my head.
"Definitely not porn . . . . . . . definitely"  . . .*nervous laugh*
________________

Jaden and I just finished all our shopping for the birthday party. . and he got his Michael Kors watch, he's so happy right now, he can't stop looking at it. The cake the kids picked out is a oreo looking fudge cake with chocolate icing. The cake looks so good, I can't wait to eat it. . . . the kids are gonna be 16 already . . wow . . how time flies . . I remember like it was yesterday when I held little princess Jaylah and prince Jaden in my arm . . . and now they're big little monsters. But I love them endlessly. . . both of them.

"Thanks for the watch, dad . . I love it!!!!"

"I know you do . . and you're very welcome!"

"Is that my birthday present or . . . .?"

"No . . you're getting something else too . . don't worry. . ."

"Thanks!!! you're the best, dad . . ."

"My wallet or me?"

"You AND your wallet . . *laughs* . . no dad, I'm kidding, you know I love ya!"

"Yea, yea . ."

I park the car . . Jaden storms inside and shows Ariana the watch he got. The look Ariana gives me when I walk in doesn't look very pleasant. I walk up to her and kiss her . . she's still looking at Jaden's watch . . speechlessly . .

"Jaden, go upstairs honey"  . . Jaden runs upstairs.

Ariana slaps me on the arm.
"I told you I was gonna get him that watch for his birthday!!!"

"You did??"

"Yes!! now what am I gonna get him? we talked about the presents for hours and you just go ahead and buy him one? it's not even his birthday yet!! Jaylah got nothing but a dress! . . she'll have to wait for the present until the actual birthday party!"

"Well, actually . . the watch wasn't a birthday present, I just got him one . ."

"A Michael Kors watch just as a little gift?? are you crazy? do you have any idea how expensive these watches are?? you gotta be kidding me, Michael . . you got to be kidding me!"

"I know how expensive they are, I looked at the price when gave the cashier my credit card, love . . . come on, it's no big deal . . I'll get Jaylah a watch too and everything will be fine"

"You're spoiling that boy, honey . . you really are and you don't even know it"

"Of course I know it . . and you're spoiling Jaylah . . totally!"

"I most certainly am not!"

"Yes you are . . . why on earth would a 15 year old need a $50 lipgloss from Yves Saint Laurent? and her new shoes cost more than the last two pair I got for myself. . ."

"You wear loafers honey . . ."

"They're expensive too!!!"

"Michael . . . let's just agree that we're both spoiling them . . ."

"I guess you're right . . ."

"But we're good parents . . right?"

"I think so . . . I hope so"

I pick her up and put her down on the dining table. She wraps her arms around me, pulling me close for a long passionate kiss . . . I run my hands down her back, kissing her neck . . Ariana loves that . . neck kissing gets her in mood . . . . 

"Have I told you how good you smell?" She whispers in my ear. 

"GET A ROOM!!!" Jaylah yells rolling her eyes. She walks up to the fridge with a disgusted look on her face and opens it. Ariana and I continue kissing each other . . . Jaylah slams the fridge shut and takes a seat on the kitchen counter.

"Mom! dad! . . I eat at that table!!! can't you guys go to your bedroom?!!"

"I suggest you go to your room and shut your pretty little mouth" 

"Whatever, dad . . . ." 

~ Jaylah's point of view ~ 

They're so annoying with their constant making out sessions all over the house. Not one day goes by that I don't see them making out . . . in the bathroom, in the kitchen, on the patio, AT THE MALL . . . I love that my parents love each other and everything but they're so annoying sometimes . . .

I'm on my bed talking to my friend on facebook about what kind of makeup we're gonna wear for the birthday party. I think I'm gonna go with a dark eyeshadow and nude lips . . or maybe a soft pink lipgloss . . or bright pink? . . . I don't know . . . my eyes are as dark as dad's . . they're almost black . . I don't know if I should use dark eyeshadow . . . 

"JADEN!"

He comes into my room. "What?!"

"I gotta tell you something. . come in!"

Jaden comes in and closes the door behind him. "What?"

"Promise me you're not gonna tell mom and dad. . ."

"Ok . . promise"

"Alright twin . . . listen to this . . after the birthday party I'm gonna tell mom and dad that we're not sleeping here . . what I'm gonna tell mom and dad is that I'm gonna sleep at Jenna's house . ."

"And where are you gonna sleep?" 

"At Chris' house . . . ."

"Dad is gonna kill ya . . . ." 

"No . . and you know why? because he will not know about it . . ."

"You're playing with fire, Jaylah . . . ."

"Listen . . you have to tell dad that me and the girls are sleeping at Jenna's house . . in case he asks . . you're gonna tell dad that we're all moving our party to Jenna's house and have our sleepover there . ."

"Why are you making up this huge lie? . . why don't you just go to dad and ask him if Chris can stay the night here at our house?"

"Are you crazy?!! dad would never let him stay here and he would definitely not let me stay at his place . . . . you know how he is . . . he's overprotective and I can't stand it! . . . the other day when Chris was here, you know what dad did? . . he took my freakin door and hid it downstairs somewhere . . Chris and I were in my room watching a movie without a door!! he wouldn't even kiss me!!!"

Jaden laughs . . . "Damn, too bad I missed that"

"Shut up . . . it was so embarrassing. . ."

"Hey Jaylah . . there's a video on mom's dresser that dad doesn't want us to know about . . I asked dad on the car ride to the mall what the video is about but he wouldn't tell me . . let's watch it . . ."

"Oh my god . . a video? . . and dad doesn't want you to watch it?? this doesn't sound good . . and by that I mean that there could be anything in this video . . . . I hope it's not what I think it is . . ."

"I don't know . .his reaction kinda got me curious . . I wanna know what's in it"

"Well Jaden . . . I don't wanna see what's on that video . ."

"Come on!! but I do!! . . . let's watch it!!"

"Fine . . I'll watch it with you but you have to promise me that you will lie to dad for me about the sleepover, ok?"

~ to be continued ~