Part 105 ~ The Twins' Birthday Weekend Part 8

~ Michael's point of view ~ 

I totally forgot that Jaylah doesn't have a phone . . I sent her a huge message . . dammit . . now I regret breaking her phone. I need to call Jaden and talk to them both . . but I texted Jaden in the first place because I don't wanna explain where I am right now . . and why I left . . . . I will hug and kiss the kids when I come back . . . 

Ariana and I got in a huge fight . . it escaladed quickly and we ended up yelling at each other. I heard Jaylah say something about Ariana having sex with other men . . . when I heard that my heard dropped down to my stomach in an instant . . . is that why Jaylah has been crying all day? . . it makes sense. . and could that be the reason why Jaden threw his laptop out of the window? . . . but why would he ignore me instead of mom if she's the one cheating? . . . a lot of confusion going on . . . I had to leave the house. I couldn't talk to Ariana anymore and I couldn't face the kids . . . . I needed a breather and now here I am . . . in the park, sitting on a bench thinking about what this night turned into . . . 

Is Ariana really cheating on me? . . she did it once . . would she do it again? . . she's PREGNANT! with our third baby . . I couldn't even imagine her doing this to me . . it's so unreal . . so wrong . . and so darn painful . . . the cold night wind is blowing in my face . . the tears in my eyes are slowly coming out . . gently rolling down my cheeks . . . . I'd kill to be with my kids right now but I just had to leave the house . . 

my two little monsters are 16 now . . time went by so fast . . I still remember how cute they were when they were little . . so innocent . . so sweet and precious . . they still are precious to me and they always will be . . but I miss the old times . . I miss changing their diapers . . wiping their tears whenever they would fall . . brushing Jaylah's hair . . playing school with them . .  

I blow my nose and throw the tissue in the trash next to me . . . this is actually the bench I sat on the day Ariana begged me to meet her here . . . that was so long ago, I barely remember but what I do remember is Ariana . . . the troubled teen I later on fell in love with . . . I fell in love with her in Paris . . . I still remember the night . . I was looking for her all over the airport and I just couldn't find her . . . I put on the ring before I left the hotelroom . . hoping I would find her so I can show it to her and I did . . I fell in love with her so hard that night . . I couldn't let her go and leave Paris without me . . . and I'm glad she didn't . . . I wouldn't have my  kids today if she got away that night . . . . well . . maybe I would have had kids with someone else . . but those kids wouldn't be Jaylah and Jaden . .

My phone rings . .

"Hi birthday boy . . I see you're still up"

"Dad . . . thanks for the text message . . . when are you coming home?"

"I don't know that . . . can I talk to Jaylah really quick?"

(Jaden hands Jaylah the phone)

"Dad?"

"Hi princess . . . happy birthday"

"Thank you. . . where are you?"

"I had to leave the house for a little bit . ."

"When are you coming back? . . . and where is mom?"

"Isn't she home?"

"No . . . where did she go? . . aren't you guys out together?"

"No sweethart . . ."

"Why not? . . . ."

"Jaylah . . . mom and I need a little break . . but it's all good"

"A break? . ."

"Don't worry babygirl . . . go to sleep and tomorrow everything will be ok again . . I promise you . . . Jaylah? . . . baby? . . . (Jaylah starts crying) . . . babygirl . . don't cry . . it's your birthday"

"I'm not crying . . ."

"Yes you are . . I can hear it in your voice . . . everything's ok"

"No it's not!!!!"

"Shhhh . . yes it is . . don't worry . . . close your pretty eyes and dream of the wonderful birthday party you guys will have tomorrow night . ."

"I don't wanna have a birthday party!!! . . I want you and mom . . . here at home . . now . . together!!"

"That's not possible right now, sweetheart . . . I will be home later . . but I'm sure you guys will be in bed by then . . . watch a movie with Jaden and please don't leave the house, ok? . . promise me that"

"I'm not promising anything . . first you promise me that you and mom are gonna be ok"

"We will be . . . ."

"Do you promise?"

~ to be continued ~