Chapter 15- The Beginning of Endless Days

Chapter 15

Ivy"s POV

I waited too long. I didn't him that I liked him. I didn't tell him!

And now I'm paying the freaking price.

"Got any...Blues?" Mallory asked from in front of me. I opened my eyes and suddenly that I was the hospital with him. We were playing Goldfish. Blues? Yep, I'm definitely blue right now. "No," I answered instead. Reach for that card. "Goldfish."

Owen. I reached for the silver necklace still chained around my neck.

"Hey, where did you that necklace?" He asked. My fingers immediately went for it, protectively.

"Oh, I bought it. Do you like it?"

"It's a wolf."

"Yeah," I said a bit annoyed. "So what?"

"Nothing, Ivy, I was just saying. Hey, are you okay?" He asked. I nodded. No I'm not. I'm not okay.

How much longer will I have to endure this torture? Oh yeah, forever. Oops, I totally forgot. I screwed up. And Mallory is completely oblivious.

"Have you gotten skinnier?" He asked. Not this again. "Here, take some of my lunch."

"No way, Mall, you eat. You need all your strength to heal," I said tiredly. I buried my face in my hands. I feel so...scattered. Parts of me everywhere. One part of me, a very small part of me, here and one at the park where we had our fight. Most of it, though, was with Owen, wherever he is.

"Ivy?" Mallory asked. I looked up.

"Yeah?"

"You don't want to be here, do you?"

"Of course I do! I love being here with my boyfriend!" I managed a smile. God, he is your boyfriend, Ivy! Pay attention to him. You like like him remember? Forget Owen! Forget his incredible lips. Forget his amazing scent. Forget his muscles. Forget his presence. He is no more.

"Hey, guys!" Bella opened the door. She had a huge smile on her face. "Ew, why is it so quiet in here?"

"I don't know. Maybe because there's only two of us in here?" I snapped.

"What?" She asked angrily, "What is wrong with you?"

"What does everybody keep asking me that? I'm okay. Geez, I just haven't gotten enough sleep lately. I'm not dying. So just chill out, okay?" I snapped again. I forced a smile. "See? I'm just crabby from exhaustion. So...Bella? What's up?"

She gave me a confused look before shaking it off and smiling again. "I met someone." Her cheeks turned pink and I couldn't help but smile with her. She never really gets so embarrassed about people she likes. She openly kissed a sophomore when we were in the 9th grade because they heard rumors that he liked her. She liked him, too.

"Who?" I asked. She blushed even deeper.

"Well, his name is Gerald. I know, it's a horrible name, but everyone calls him Gee. He has the sweetest smile ever," She gushed. "Where did you two meet?" I asked.

"In the courtyard at lunch. We are in the same grade and I never even knew it. I'm so glad I met him. He asked me out on a casual date. I know, I know. After only meeting him one time? I'm telling you it's a love-at-first-sight sort of situation. It's just a connection type of thing. You know what I mean?"

I do, I wanted to say. Like the type of thing Owen and I have. A special connection. Love at first sight. "Sure," I said supporting. Mallory only nodded.