Chapter 20- He Changed His Mind

Chapter 20

Unknown POV

What pleasure does Ryan get from sleeping with the enemy? Does he even see the girl from Night's Edge pack as an enemy? He should. That damned pack stole our land and it's high time we take it back! Those traitors deserve all the bad coming their way, and they deserve to die, every last mutt - except that beautiful girl. I can't believe I never learned her name, but I have learned that Ryan is seeing her today. That's lovely, absolutely lovely.

"Bring me a cup of water, would you?" Ryan's gravelly voice filled my ears.

I smiled tightly. "Yes, sir, at your service," I said. It was the phrase we were taught to say.

In the kitchen, I thought about slipping poison in his drink, but quickly decided against it after I realized that Ryan would automatically know it was me that put the poison in it. That's okay, I'll get him soon.

"So, this girl will be brought to me safely, understood?" Ryan had on his 'Alpha' voice during the meeting. Everyone nodded in agreement, but I didn't. I couldn't help but steal glances at the marvelous girl sitting next to me. After noticing my looks her way, she stared at me in curiosity with her eyes like an endless ocean. Ugh, she's so beautiful; it hurts not to look at her.

"What are you going to do with Girl of Death? Oops, I meant Ivy." She flushed the color of salmon. It was adorable, but doesn't she know that she can't ask questions like that? I became sacred of her fate. He wouldn't kill the informant, would he? Of course he would, he can kill anyone. Like my parents.

"Who told you about Girl of Death, puella mortis? Tell me!" The vein in his forehead bulged like crazy.

"What?" She squealed. "What are you talking about, puer-something-or-other? Girl of Death is what we call her at school. It's just a nickname. Chill out."

"Do not fucking tell me 'chill out'! Puella Mortis is no laughing matter! Tacite, puella lente! Nemo sabes! Nemo! Servi, ad ianuam ducet."

As the slaves led her to the door, she managed, "Wait! You're not going to kill me are you, Ryan?"

"No of course not," Ryan said with a smile, surprising us all. "You're way too beautiful to kill. Oh no, that would be a waste. C'mon, let's go upstairs and have our private time, shall we?"

Though, I'm not to proud to admit it, I was burning with jealousy as he dragged her out of the room. She didn't look too happy. "But, my boyfriend might smell you on me!"

Then you'll take a shower. Let's go."

She didn't go upstairs willingly.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ivy's POV

Gym hadn't been tiring, but when coach told us to pair up for cardio exercises, I felt more tired than ever.

I didn't allow myself to turn around and face Owen, in fear of him wanting to be my partner. Instead, I walked towards some girl that had been nice to me once. I don't even remember her name. "Hi, um, you want to be partners?"

She turned around and gave me a look that I can only describe as sympathetic. "Sorry, but I'm already working with Carol." She motioned the girl behind her. "Why don't you work with Owen? He hasn't got a partner yet. Shocker, right? A hot guy like him should've gotten a partner within a freaking second..."

I buried the irrational anger down and turned around in hope of finding someone without a partner. Well, someone other than Owen. When I had no such luck, I finally allowed myself to look at Owen. He was already looking at me with a hurt expression. "You seriously don't want to work with me, do you?" He asked as I walked towards him. I had the sudden memory of kissing him. I blushed. Then I remembered how that particular kiss ended.