Chapter 7- Emotions (Ivy's And Owen's POVs)

[A/N]: 

If you guys are reading this far into the book then it must mean that I am on to something! Thanks for all the support and please remember that a single vote and comment makes all the difference. Who knows, maybe a lot of votes will mean faster uploads... ;)

On to the story!

(Sorry for any mistakes and grammatical errors.)

|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|

Chapter 7

The next day I woke up super excited and ready to go to school. That is pretty strange because first of all, its seriously bright outside and also, I never want to go to school!

But when I arrived at school, Owen seemed to be at my side. "Oh, hey Ivy!" He said happily and he raised his arms for a hug. I cringed inwardly at the thought of someone I don't really know invading my personal space. At the same time, though, I wanted him to hug me. Weird behavior I have towards him.  

After an awkward glance, he lowered his arms. Truth be told, I could tell.he was disappointed that I didn't want the hug.

Don't be mean to him. He just wanted a hug!  

Not now, conscience! Just shut up for a sec.  

No. I am a part of you I will NOT shut up!

"Earth to Ivy," he said as he waved his hand in my face.

"Oh, sorry. Um... Hey Owen," I finally said. I gave the friendliest smile I could manage, which was not hard since I seemed to be in the greatest of moods this morning. "Do you know what yesterday was?" He asked. His eyes locked on mine. His eyes were so pretty and twinkled in the light. They were as friendly as ever, but still I felt weird whenever we made eye contact. He is a popular and shouldn't be talking to me. Initiating self-conscious mode...Activated.

"Uh, no. What was yesterday?" I asked shyly. Was I supposed to remember?

"My birthday! And you weren't around for it." He feigned being hurt.

"Oh! How was your birthday?"

"Fine. I spent the first half here at school, unfortunately. Then I went home and spent the rest of the day with my pack."

"Pack?"

His eyes widened for a second. He recovered himself with a lopsided smile. "My friends. They're my pack. My pack of friends."

Ah, so the populars refer to themselves as a pack. Makes sense. But I can't believe he was shocked that I didn't know that they were a "pack". He probably thinks I'm such a loser.

"So why weren't you here yesterday?" He asked.

I do not know why Owen noticed my absence. I hardly talk to him, but he notices when I'm gone? Creepy. "I was sick actually," I explained. He looked at me for a second before laughing. One of those laughs where you just heard the craziest things ever.

"Really? Sick?" He managed between his fit of laughter.

In return, I scowled. Why does he not believe me? I mean, just because he and his friends use the "sick" excuse to get out of school, doesn't mean that other people don't get sick for real. I turned on my heels to walk away from the jerk. He acted like such a sweet guy at the park. Well, its nice to know now than later, I guess. My conscience didn't like his current behavior either.

"Wait!" Owen called out from behind me, "Look, I'm sorry. I didn't mean it like that. I was acting like an idiot. Forgive me?" I turned around and looked at his cute pout that reminded me of a puppy dog. How could I not forgive a face like that? "Fine." I said it like I had to think about it, for good measure. I swear I heard him sigh in relief. "Are you coming to my party tomorrow?" He asked. His face showed a hopeful expression.