Chapter 4- Just Friends?

[A/N:] #important#

So this is chapter four! I know that you may be waiting for werewolf stuff to happen. I'm sorry that it's taken this long in the book, but this is where things start to roll. I don't know if I've said this before, but I SUCK at beginnings.

Thank you to those of you who have read this long in the book. From here it only gets better...

Sorry for any mistakes. Let me know if you catch one. Gracias!

<><><><><>

Chapter 4

I woke up on Saturday at Bella's house. At any other place, I would freak out for a second, wondering where I was, but Bella's house is like my second home. I looked around and noticed Bella's absence. I know exactly where she is.

In the kitchen, I saw Bella sitting on a bar stool next to the counter/eating area. She munched away on her toast and was concentrated so hard on on eating, she jumped when I reached out and grabbed a strip of bacon. "Jesus, Ivy! Be a little more sneaky next time," she said sarcastically and placed her hand over her racing heart. I shrugged. "I didn't think I was so sneaky. I mean, did you not hear my foot steps when I was coming down the stairs?" I asked. She put her index finger over her mouth. "Shh! We're the only ones awake, Ivy."

When I arrived home, a little past noon, I found Will, the freaky ten year old sitting on the couch. He stared at me. "That's creepy. You have got to stop doing that at some point," I said as I walked past him. He rolled his eyes. "Shut up, stupid," he said. Josh walked in and told him, "What did I say about calling people stupid? I already had to talk to your mother once about that." Will scowled. Josh's phone vibrated on the coffee table. Josh picked it up and read the new text. "The guys are at the skate park. You wanna come, Ivy?" I nodded. I don't have anything better to do.

Within 15 minutes Will left, we told mom we were leaving, I placed my new clothes on my bed (my mom would see them there and immediately see what I got), and I put my bike in the trunk of Josh's car. It stuck out and.i was sure.it would fall at any speed bump. "Let me tie that up," Josh said, as he neared with rope in his hands.

"Last night was freaky," Josh said as he was driving. I asked, "How so?"

He shuddered. "I had some of the guys over and we were watching Paranormal Activity. Actually all three of them. They decided to leave right afterwards and I was completely alone until mom came home!" I laughed.

"Oh man. That must have been brutal."

"Like you wouldn't believe, Ivy." 

As soon as Josh parked, Matt seemed to be there. "Hey, man." he greeted Josh with that handshake that guys do. He turned to me and gave me a bone-crushing hug. "Can't. Breathe." I struggled for air. He let go and smiled sheepishly. "Sorry 'bout that." Matt was nice to me because not only was I his best friend's little sister, but I guess to him I'm like his other little sister that he actually likes (his real sister is in middle school- Nobody likes catty middle school girls).

We all walked to the bleachers, after dislodging my bike from the trunk. I sat down in the edge, the shady part. "Hey, Ivy," someone said behind me. His voice was angelic and husky. I turned around and saw Owen standing there with a smile on his face. "Hello," I said politely. He sat down next to me. His presence brought overwhelming happiness and a feeling of being safe. When he looked my in the eyes I just about lost it. His eyes were friendly and filled a bit of protectiveness. The amount of power his eyes have is sexy, they had me in a trance. Its like the world came to a complete stop, just me and him, and I wanted it to stay like that forever.