Chapter 3- The Aftershock

Ok guys this is chapter three. 

Sorry for any mistakes.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Chapter 3

It's been a couple days since Owen and Emilie broke up. Everyone in the school is talking about it it. Some say that Owen cheated on Emilie and stopped liking her. Only half of that was true. Others say that Owen was interested in someone else and broke up with Emilie to pursue his "need". What they were saying is completely ridiculous because most of the school wasn't even there to witness the breakup. But somehow they all agreed that they were going to get back together. I highly doubt that. Owen isn't dumb, he knows that she will always be mean.

Josh parked the car a short distance from the school entrance. A short distance means shorter time I have to deal with populars that lounge outside until the final bell. Asia parked next to us without even noticing. The corners of Josh's face rose at first sight of her. "I'm going to Matt's house after school, okay?" Although he made it sound like a question, but it was clearly a statement. "Okay." We all, including Asia, got out at the same time "See ya," he said half-heartedly as he all but ran to Asia. I said my goodbye and rushed to the school building.

"Well if it isn't Death herself," someone said spitefully. I turned on my heels to see Emilie, Luis and Jazzmine (an infamous goth girl from my art class) sitting on the bike rack. "Hey, Ivy, while Owen was defending your ass, my heart was being broken. How do you feel about it, bitch?" She sneered.

"Are you saying this is my fault?" I asked her with more confidence than I thought I had. "'Cuz it isn't. Owen broke up with you not me. And actually, this is your fault."

Half a second after I said that, I felt like slapping myself. Emilie could kick my ass faster by than I can blink! "Don't get an attitude with me, Death! You don't know who you're messing with." I sighed and rushed into the building, leaving her talking to herself. I knew I was going to pay hell for that later, but my head hurt suddenly from talking that long to Emilie. As I walked through the halls people gave me weird looks. At that moment I realized that Emilie made it seem like I was the one who split the "inseparable two". Some people looked like they were on my side, but most did not. I even heard rumors that even Owen blamed me for the end of his relationship. After hearing that I and hurt. Then I was angry. He was the one defending me. He didn't have to break up with Emilie. Ignorant people these days...

At lunch I was trying to avoid people's gazes. I could feel Emilie shoot me a death glare every couple of minutes, but I tried to ignore her by talking about something completely random.

"I like your eyeshadow today," I ended up saying. Bella beamed. "Gracias," she said with a thick American accent. "I got it all the mall with those other eye shadows I've been wearing all week."

Friday. Mall. Shopping. Ugh!

"Speaking of which," she said right on cue, "We're going to the mall this afternoon. Don't forget to meet me at my locker." I rolled my eyes. "I don't wanna go!" I complained. "Whenever we go to the mall you always try on every store, Bells. Oh! And I'm broke!" Bella gave me a no-nonsense look. I scowled. I was going. There was no room for no as an answer. I pulled out my phone.

I texted my mom and Josh.

"Going to mall w/ Bella. Mite sleep over."

My mom texted back within the minute.

"Kay. Buy lots if colorful clothing! You need more variety!"

I rolled my eyes, just as the bell rang signaling the end of lunch. Oh crap. With one hand I was texting and with the other, I threw my lunch away.

"I dont have $$$!"

"Stop by after school and I'll lend you some."

"K. <3 u."

"I love you too."

I rammed into something hard. Oh man, I just ran into the wall! How embarrassing! "Whoa. You okay?" Someone asked in front of me. Owen. "I'm fine," I said glancing at the people glancing at us. "You know you're not supposed to have that thing out," he said as he pointed to my phone in my palm. "You could run into people, like me, and hurt yourself." So I ran into HIM? Not a brick wall. "Sorry," I mumbled. He smiled. "It's cool. I get caught with my phone out all the time. It sometimes feels like I'm the only one!" He yelled, albeit good natured. I turned my phone off. "No," I said. "You're not the only one."

 ◘      ◘       ◘

After thirty minutes in Aéropostale I was just about dying with boredom. "I can't decide," Bella said as she held up two pairs of jeans in front of me. "The boyfriend jeans or the white skinnies?" I groaned. "I don't care, Bella," I said through my teeth. She sighed and went off somewhere searching for the sales clerk and ask her for her opinion. I sighed and began to play with my fingers. A couple minutes later Bella came back and by the looks of it, she wasn't happy. "Nobody is helping me decide!" She yelled. I looked at a girl nearby with what I hoped was an apologetic look on my face. "Why don't you buy the buy the boyfriend jeans here and buy similar white skinnies at JC Penny?" I suggested. And she did just that. After buying white skinnies, we passed buy a shoe store and got silver sandals. I thought we were going to leave, but we passed a store with a cute skirt on display and Bella forced me to but it. Its a dark navy blue with silver polka dots.

"Okay," Bella said. "Let's go now." I almost jumped for joy, but my feet hurt too much. We were on our way out when Bella saw a sale on tank tops at Old Navy. "Your mom told you to get more colorful clothing when we stopped at your place to get the money. Those tanks tops are on sale and there's like fifty.colors to choose from!" She said as she raced inside. "I don't have any money left," I called after her. She stopped and turned around to face me. "I have a credit card for, Ivy," she whispered excitedly. "For EMERGENCIES, Bella." She rolled her eyes.

"This is an emergency."

<><><><><><><>><><><><><><><><><>><><>><><><><><><><><><>

[A/N:]

Sorry for such a crappy chapter. I will try to write better ones.