Chapter 22- Prisoner

Chapter 22

Ivy's POV

I knew from the moment I opened my eyes that it was too dark and that the air shouldn’t have smelled like unwashed bodies. The ground beneath me was made of sharp things and packed dirt that was too moist for comfort. As I lifted myself, I noticed that I felt weak and achy. I was insanely tired even though I’d been out for who-knows-how long.

My blinked away the blurriness and realized that the ground was actually made of stones. And the ceiling looked like it was made o pure stone. It seemed like I was underground… but there were bars in front of me. Was I in a cell?

The wave of memories crashed on my like a cold splash of water. Noises. A pale face. A lamp to the freaking head.

As if on cue, footsteps padded through the passageway outside of my cell. A figure appeared, its face masked by darkness. The man, I’m assuming, pulled something out of his pocket. A match? The fire flashed to life, burning ridiculously bright against my dark surroundings. The man used the match to light a torch I didn’t even know he had been holding. It was then, when I saw his face that I realized it was the same man that I had gotten into the car accident with.

He gazed at me with a victorious look on his face. "Ivory, we meet again…" His voice was deeper than I remembered. It would’ve almost been funny to hear such a deep voice on someone who didn’t look much older than I, had I not been in this situation.

"Who are you and what do you want from me?" I asked frantically. I hated how my voice wavered. "Wait—how do you know my name?"

His mouth twitched, forming a wry smile. "None of that matters right now. What does matter is who you are. Ivory, do you know who you are?" 

Do I know who I am? What was that supposed to mean? I inhaled sharply and mustered all the bravado I could. "Of course I do. I’m Ivy Walker, you idiot!"

The light from the torch danced on his face, giving him an eerie glow. "Don’t play with fire or you’ll get burned," He scorned. I almost scoffed as I was about to tell hime the same thing. He put on a glove and opened my cell. I cowered in the corner as he got closer. "Now, now, I’m not going to hurt you… Yet." He laughed a low, menacing laugh that almost sound like a rumble.

The minute his ice-cold hand touched my cheek, I screamed. "Please don’t hurt me! I’ll give you my car and all my savings… Just let me go!" I began crying desperately.

He waved his hand dismissively. "I don’t want your money. I just want you to pay!"

I swallowed audibly. "Pay? But what have I ever done to you?" My voice cracked and I noticed I really needed water.

His breath fanned my face. He was a devilishly handsome .Evil. "Oh sweetie," he said as he caressed my cheek. I flinched, "You have no idea how many people want you dead. Myself included... You're the reason he's been going crazy. It's just too bad that you're astoundingly beautiful. Oh, such a waste."

He pulled out a syringe and put his hand over my mouth to stifle my screams. I wanted to kick and punch him, but my body wanted something else: sleep. I tried to fight the drowsiness, but in the end, sleep won.

I was vaguely aware of my body hitting the floor before all went black. 

~~~

Unknown’s POV

"Ah, can you believe it? Ivy is almost here! She's almost here! There'll be no stopping us once she's mine." Ryan's gravelly laugh echoed in the office. 

I smiled tightly. "You have no idea how close she is..." I muttered. what Ryan didn't know was that i already had Ivy on our property. She was locked up in the dungeon, where i would leave her to die. He may want her, but i want her dead.