Chapter 5- Owen's POV- Don't Be Mad, But...

A/N:]

A short chapter, but its in Owen's point of view! This will (hopefully) clear up some confusion.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

My heart kept pounding in my chest, even after she left. Her sweet scent lingers on my nostrils. I wanted to tell her that I really did want her to stay, but somehow I slammed into her, trying to get close to her.

Stupid, Stupid, Stupid, my wolf kept repeating. I couldn't help but agree with him. I was the reason she left in such a rush. I was the reason she was hurt by Matt. Idiot. When he hugged her, I almost lost control of my wolf. I just found out that she's my mate and seeing someone else hug her was too much.

"What do I do?" I asked Chris through mind link.

"Tell Alpha Emerson," he replied, "But I know he won't be happy about this."

He will not be happy about his at all. Will he change his mind about her? Will the fact that she is my mate make difference?

There's only one way to find out.

Yeah, you're right.

I know, he agreed.

Stupid, cocky wolf.

As I drove home I couldn't stop thinking about Ivy- The way her beautiful, black hair fell over her shoulders. Her pink lips, her light skin that never tanned. Her scent, a mix of sugar vanilla and something else that made my while body want to hold her, kiss her, make love to like no one else. The thought of having sex with her made me...hard. Every good feeling that could ever exist, was what I feel right now. And it might just end as soon as I tell my dad.

I raced through the halls and stopped as soon as I was in front of my dad's study. Now is the time, I told myself. I have to get it over with. I knocked on the door. With every knock, I felt my heart start to beat faster and faster. When I heard him say the words "Come in." I felt weird. I felt weird because that was probably the calmest he was going to be for a while.

With a awkward squeak of the door, I came in and observed my dad, as he observed me. He could definitely sense my restlessness. "I have news." I uttered the words with a hopeful smile, as If that was going to make things better. He raised an eyebrow.

"I found my mate," I said.

He chuckled. "Congratulations, my son. You know, you are lucky you found her so soon after your first shift. I found your mother when she was in heat. She was this close to having sex with some other man. I would have ripped him into to pieces," he said with a faint smile on his face. The thought of him and my mom doing it, made my stomach churn, but I chose to ignore it. Instead I focused on the important thing- My mate.

"See there's one thing... My mate is Ivy Walker." How was he going to react? I searched for any sign of anger on his face, but found calmness instead.

"That is a problem. I will not allow my son to be with a rogue!" he yelled.

Sudden anger swelled in me and my wolf. He cannot deny me the right to be with my mate! "We don't even know if she knows she is a rogue!" I said with growl. He snarled at me in return, obviously not liking the way I was talking to him. It was almost as if he told me to show some respect in Alpha Tone, which he rarely used on me. My wolf protested quietly inside me.

"Rogues are a disgrace, you know that. She is a disgrace. They don't deserve to be called human. I can't believe you think you imprinted on one of them!"

The fact that he insulted my beautiful little mate made me angrier than I already was. "She's not like the other rogues, dad. She's different--"

"How do you know that, Owen? She could be a spy!" He interrupted,

"Rogues have been known to to take out whole packs, not that it would happen to this pack, but she could be deadly and you know that!"

"She arrived on these lands when she was young, for cryin' out loud!"

"I DON'T CARE!" he seethed.

"She's my mate," I said bleakly.

"Alphas have been known to have more than one mate," he said as if he knew my pain. He didn't.

"I want Ivy, dad. I don't want anybody else."

He scoffed at my words. "We should have taken her out the moment she got here," he muttered.

I began seeing red. I would never allow him to touch a hair on her body! I let the shaking continue and the warmth spread across my body so he could see I was serious. "If you touch my beautiful mate then I sure as hell will do something I regret." My voice came out darker, like my wolf's.

His eyes widened in shock before an arrogant smirk appeared on his face. "Are you threatening me?" he asked. I snarled. I could see fur growing on my skin and my body expanding. I have never before in my life thought such violent thoughts about my father, but right now I am thisclose to fighting him... physically.

The door burst open with a loud thunk. My mother stood there with a shocked expression on her face. "What is going on in here?" she asked in her voice that never turned into a yell, "I could hear you two arguing all the way from the garden." I felt somewhat better that she was here so she could act as our buffer. "I found my mate," I said simply. She beamed. "Owen that's wonderful!"

"But his mate is Ivy Walker," My dad with disgust. Why does he think that's such a bad thing? "Oh dear," my mother said as she put her a hand to her forehead.

"She's my soul mate! There is nothing wrong with that! I can't believe you don't want me to be with her, dad," I yelled at them both. Imaging not being with her made my whole chest fill with pain.

"Calm down, darling," she whispered as she ran her hand through my hair. It helped me out a little, but not much. "Owen why don't you step outside for a moment, while I talk to your father?"

"Fine." I felt my body return to normal, with no more fur. When I open the door I found a small crowd waiting. They all wanted to know what was going on. I ignored them all and slumped against the wall as I closed my eyes. I felt a pounding above my right eyebrow. A sign of a migraine. "You okay, man?" Chris asked from somewhere above me. I opened my eyes and looked up at him. "No," I replied, "He hates her." I could not help the sadness in my voice. He felt bad for me, I could see it in his eyes. "Oh. She is a great girl, once you get to know her."

I pressed an ear to the wall. "You can't do this to him, Emerson," I heard my mother say.

"Why the hell not?"

"Because it will make him crazy. This is how he acts when he imagines not being with her. Imagine what he will be like when he doesn't see her for a week. He will hate everyone who prevented him from seeing her. Look, think of it like this: What if your dad prevented you from seeing me? You would hate him. Not only that , but it would kill you, dear, as it would kill me," she reasoned.

He let out a sigh. "I supposed you're right, love. And besides, she never really posted a threat to anyone."

I flung the door open. "Does this mean that I can see her?" I asked excitedly. They looked like they were expecting me to barge in.

"Yes, Owen. But I f she does one single act of crime, then we're kicking her out. Do you understand me?" he said as he wrapped his arms around my mother. I wanted love like that for Ivy and I.

"Fine."

"One thing!" he said as I turned to walk out.

"Yeah I got it the first time, dad!"

I was so annoyed at him for not trusting my little mate. I mean, he never even met her!