Chapter 9- Eating Lunch Inside

Chapter 8

*Owen's POV*

I can't say I feel bad for that "Mallory", but I also can't say that I'm thrilled either. I almost died when Ivy started crying because it was my fault. I made her cry, yet again.

Damn.

She is sitting all by herself, inside the cafeteria. She couldn't face her boyfriend. She couldn't face me. LIttle does she know that I'm watching her...

After she left on Friday- more like Saturday, because she left around one in the morning, everyone came to me to try and find out what happened. It really pissed me off because they knew damn well what was going on. The whole night they kept asking me through mind-link why I was hanging out with Ivy. I couldn't tell them that I was her mate yet, so I told them to "Shut up". Emily scoffed when she saw me with her, outside. "Don't you know she's disease?" She asked me. I wanted to punch her.

Later, when everyone was going to sleep, Asia sneaked into my room. "Why was Ivy here?" I shrugged and told her off, but she didn't budge. "I'm older than you," she teased. I laughed, but didn't say anything about my alpha status. That would just be arrogant.

"What is going on with you and her?" She asked, "Josh told me that you seemed to be very fond of her at the skate park. Is that true?" I looked at her for a second before answering. "I don't know. Why are you with a human, anyway?"

She scowled. "Because I love him. And if I find my mate, then I'll have to break up with him. And that doesn't matter right now. Why are YOU with a rogue?"

I strained from lashing out at her. "Watch your tone!" She cowered back near the door from my volume. "Sorry, Asia. I just..."

"It's just as I suspected," she said happily, "She is your mate. You found your mate!" My heart began to pound loudly from pride. I'm glad that Asia knows, but I hope she doesn't tell anyone. "Yeah, but she doesn't even know that she's a werewolf!" I said desperately and layed back down on my bed, "Now go away!"

Today I'm sitting in the cafeteria to keep a close eye on Ivy. All the guys wanted me to eat outside like I normally do, but I told them that I needed help on something in class. I could tell that they didn't believe me, but they didn't say a thing.

"Owen, can I have your fries?" Thomas asked me. I nodded, not taking my eyes off of Ivy. Thomas was one of the few humans on the football team. Needless to say, he was mostly sitting on the bench. But for a human he was fast.

I cannot believe that I am sitting with humans. I mean, I don't have anything against them, but they don't know me like my pack does. "Hey man, why are you so quiet?" Gerald asked (another guy on the football team). I shrugged and said, "'Cuz I cannot stop thinking about this one girl!"

"Aw, shit! Owen gotta a crush?" Thomas yelled. I rolled my eyes.

"It's not my fault. She's sexy!"

"Owen gonna have a cold shower tonight!" Jerry laughed. I laughed a little too until I saw Ivy looking in my direction. She was sitting with that Bella girl, but was not talking to her. She was the only werewolf sitting in the cafeteria so I assumed that she heard what we were saying. She had a sad look on her face as if her feelings were hurt. It hurt like hell to think that I couldn't go over there and comfort her, but I had no choice.

"Hold up guys," I said to the people sitting with me, "I have to talk to Ivy about that project we have in English. I'll see you guys later!"

"Okay, man."

I wasn't exactly lying about the project, but it wasn't the only reason that I wanted to talk to Ivy. Before I knew it, I was behind Ivy. With the proximity I could smell her sugar-vanilla scent. Amazing.