Wawanakwa Gone Wild

I'm sitting on a log in front of a fire pit, darkness surrounding me from all sides. I can barely see the trees just a few feet away. There's nothing but the fire's crackle and the occaisional owl hoot.

Then I hear a chainsaw in the distance, followed by screams. I stand up looking around me but I don't move away from the firelight. I'm frightened and it only gets worse when I hear a recognizable voice. Duncan's voice. "Lizzie!" "Duncan?!" I yell out, turning in circles. "Lizzie run!" I hear before he screams again.

I woke up in bed to someone shaking me. I'm breathing heavy and tears are blurring my vision. I sit up and wipe my eyes, finally seeing Gen kneeling next to me. Leshawna is just behind her and they both have concerned looks. I look away and wipe the tears from my face, sniffing.

"Baby girl, are you alright?" Leshawna asks. I nod. "I'll be ok. I'm gonna go take a shower." I tell them. I get up, grab my clothes for the day, and walk out. The sun's still rising, so it's still dark, but getting brighter. I start the shower and make it steaming hot before I step in. It's hard to listen to the silence of the room, the sound of the running water. I keep thinking about my nightmare. I decide to sing to break the silence and focus on something else.

(Music video currently not working. Will fix shortly.)

I finish and get out and dressed. By then, the suns peaked above the horizon and the others are out of their cabins and all walking together to get breakfast. I quickly catch up to Gwen, who's at the front and away from Duncan.

Confused? Let me explain what's been happening these past three days. I've been avoiding Duncan, and giving him the silent treatment when he's tried to talk to me. Childish and immature, I know. But after the last challege? I can't just let it go and let him get away with it, and I want him to know how serious this is. I was really scared. Scared enough that I'm having multiple nightmares at night, again.

Back to the present, shall we. I catch up to Gwen and she gives me a hesitant smile. "Hey. You okay?" She asks. I shake my head. "It's my nightmares again. I just can't shake them." I tell her. "About your sister? You haven't been screaming like usual." She inquires. I shake my head again.

"No. They're completely different now. They're nothing about Anna. Not these past three days." "So?" She asks. I glance behing me at everyone, I don't know whose listening, but I don't want them to know anything else if they are. "Tell you later."

I hear what sounds like wood snapping and rope moving around behind me, followed by Owen's quiet words stopping suddenly. I turn around but I don't see him.

"Wasn't there just a 300 poung bag of joy talking to you?" Gwen asks Izzy. "I'm only 296!" We hear Owen above us and look up. He's stuck in the tree we're under, a rope tied to his ankle. "Someone set a trap." Another, wooden trap comes and lands on everyone else, while I jump to the side and out of it's way. "Or two." Owen finished. "No kidding, Owen." I call up to him.

"Good morning, campers!" Chris calls as he walks up to us. I turn around and lean against the trap, looking less than amused. "Or should I say trappers? Ready for today's challenge? Excellent." He continues, holding up a knife. The others gasp in the cage and I roll my eyes walking up to him and taking the knife. He gives me a dirty look.

"Then let's chat about it over chow, shall we?" He asks while walking away. "He's coming back to untrap us, right?" Owen asks. I shake my head. "Oh, Owen. What do you think the knife was for?" I ask, holding it up. "What are you going to do?" He asks. I grab the knife at the tip of the blade and take aim. "This." I say as I throw it.

The knife cuts the rope around his ankle and he falls on top of the trap the others are in, making the door open. "Good aim." He says. "Thanks." I turn and walk towards the mess hall.