The Big Sleep

I'm awake when the sun starts shining on the water's horizon. I get to the ground and do my usual push ups in the morning, then I get up and get dressed in spandex and a workout shirt. I place my hair up in a pony-tail and put in my earbuds. I walk out of the cabin. The sun is shining, and the air is peaceful. I walk off the cabin steps, and bend down into a starting position. When I press play on my mp3, I bolt off, beginning my run around the lake.

When I come back around to the cabins after my second lap, I see everyone is up and dressed. I slow to a stop next to Eva as she almost bites off Cody's hand. "Don't mess with her music, Cody. It's the only thing keeping everyone safe." I warn him.

"Morning. Hope you slept well." Chris begins as I take out my earbuds. "Hi Chris. You look really buff in those shorts." Heather... was that flirting? "I know." He replies. I roll my eyes once more. "Okay, I hope you're all ready for because your next challenge begins in exactly one minute." "Oh, excuse me." Owen interjects, "I don't know if that's enough time to eat breakfast." He says.

"Oh, you'll get breakfast, Owen, right after you complete your 20 kilometer run around the lake." Chris explains. "Oh, so you're funny now." Eva states. She goes walking closer to Chris, arm raised. "You know, what I think would be funny-" Duncan and Trent hold her back, while I step in front of Chris. "Eva. Temper. Control it or I'm taking your music." I whisper in her ear. She sighs and slacks against the boys.

They slowly let her go and she glares at Chris. "You're enjoying this, aren't you?" She growls. "A little. You have 30 seconds." Chris points to his watch. As the others start running to get in line, I walk up to Chris. "You know, I can't hold her back forever. If you're not careful, she will mess up that pretty face of yours." I warn him before taking off to join the others. "Okay, runners! On your marks, get set, go!" I easily pass most of the others, gaining on Beth, Eva, Trent, Courtney, Lindsay, and Geoff. The others, I don't know. But they're just jogging. I end up growing tired of running behind them, and start sprinting.

I easily pass them. I turn around, salute them with a smirk, then face forwards again as I sprint away. "Pick it up, people. If you're not back by dinnertime, you don't eat." Chris comes up from behind everyone on a moped. I growl. He comes up next to me. "You know, if I really wanted to, I could tackle you off of that, right?" I ask. He looks startled, and speeds up, leaving me in the dust.

{"Normally, I wouldn't care, but something about him yelling at everyone, and getting on their nerves, made me really want to tackle him off his moped. Or maybe that's just my training instincts kicking in again." I say, crossing my arms. "Thanks a lot, dad."}

Turns out, I'm the first one to the main lodge, and I sit down at one of the tables. The others slowly file in afterwards, Duncan sitting next to me. He looks me up and down. "Nice look, Kitten. Really suits you." He says. I roll my eyes. "Hey, by the way, I'm sorry if I scared you." I say, looking away. "What? When?" He asks. "The other day, when Home School got kicked off." I answer, "I'm... not really nice when I get pissed off, so I try not to be."

"Hey, you're doing a better job at it than Eva." He states. I glance at her from across the room, fingers playing with the chain of my necklace. "Yeah, I guess so." I place in one of my earbuds, offering the other one to Duncan. He takes it and I turn on whatever was last playing. Fallen Angels by Black Veil Brides. I smile.

{(Duncan's Confessions:) "This chick isn't anything like how she looks, except for a total babe that is. But seriously. She looks like a kitten, but she can turn into a tiger when you piss her off. She isn't afraid of bugs, seeing how she reacted to the cockroach, she's daring, as obvious from her wicked cliff jump, and she's not one of those girls that depends on the guy." I say, crossing my arms. "I think I like her. Did I mention that she looks like a total babe?" I smile.}