Paintball Deer Hunter

The first thing I hear the next morning is a helicopter flying over the cabins. It's so loud, that if I tried, I couldn't even muffle it with a pillow. However, because of it, Duncan's arms pull away from around me and he sits up with a gasp, pulling the blankets with him. He jumps down, screaming, "Hit the deck!" I sit up on instinct, gasping. But because we're up earlier than I'm used to, I'm still half asleep, so I lean over on my side and watch as Duncan freaks out.

"They're coming, man. They found us." He dives for it, hiding underneath Geoff's bed. Poor Duncan. I wonder what happened to him to make him like this. I cover myself with his blanket. I'm freezing. "Duncan, dude. It's probably just Chris in a helicopter." Geoff says. I groan, sitting up. I rub my eyes.

I jump from his bunk and kneel down next to Geoff's. "Wha- Lizzie?! When'd you get here?" He asks, flabbergasted. I ignore him and reach under his bed. I gently pull Duncan out, wrapping my arms around him and whisper in his ear. "Shh. It's ok, baby. You're okay. I'm right here." I play with his mohawk and whispers sweet things in his ear until he finally calms down. His heart's practically beating through his chest.

He pulls me up with him and wraps an arm around my shoulder as I help him back to his bed. "Uh, Ren? Did you stay the night over here?" DJ asks. I nod, smiling at him. "In those?" Harold asks, getting out of bed in his underwear still. He's got a creepy smile on his face as he stares at my pj's. I cross my arms across my chest. That's when Duncan grabs at his neck, fist raised in the air.

"How 'bout ya stop staring at my girl like that. I may have bruised ribs, but that won't stop me from kicking your ass." He growls. Harold shrinks in fear. I gently grab onto Duncan's wrist and pull him away, kissing his cheek. "Duncan, don't pummel him. I think he gets the idea." I tell him. He pulls me closer to his chest protectively, glaring at the ginger.

"So, uh, what are you doing here, Lizzie?" Geoff asks, hesitant. I shrug. "We've figured out that I stop having nightmares if I'm close to Duncan. I knew you guys were getting tired of waking up to me screaming and I was losing my voice anyways." I explain. "Well, in that case, you're welcome anytime." Geoff says, giving me a thumbs up. I give Duncan a kiss before pulling away. "Now, I'm getting dressed. I'll see you in the main lodge." I say as I walk out the door. I laugh at his wolf whistle, listening to Geoff and DJ as they tease Duncan.

***

I'm standing in line for the bathroom, right behind Gwen. Heather's locked the door and is taking her sweet time. "What's the hold-up?" Bridgette asks. "Heather needs her private time." Lindsey answers. "How long's 'Queenie' gonna be in there? I got urgent business." Leshawna complains. "She could still be a while." Beth replies. That's when the guys pass us and I get an idea. "Duncan!" I call to him, waving him over.

He comes up and crosses his arms, staring at us amused. I don't care right now. I turn to the other girls. "Those who can't hold it any longer, follow me." I say, grabbing Duncan's hand and dragging him over to the guys' bathrooms. Gwen, Bridgette, Leshawna and Courtney all follow. I place Duncan next to the door. "You stand watch while we go to the bathroom." I instruct before going in.

He quickly pulls me back out. "And why should I stand watch?" He asks, smirking. I smirk right back at him, leaning in. "Because, babe. If any of the guys, including yourself, walks in while us girls are in there, I'll be kicking their ass so hard, they won't be able to compete in the next challenge." I say, "So it's your job to warn them and keep them out until we're done." He quickly nods, eyes wide. I smile up at him sweetly and kiss his cheek.

It's only after we're all done and out of the bathroom that the loudspeaker comes on, Chris talking to everyone. "I hope you're ready for the most challenging challenge yet. Breakfast in three minutes at the campfire pit." I roll my eyes, wrapping my arms around Duncan's chest. I lean up and give him a kiss. "Thank you, babe." He smiles, nodding as we both walk to the pit. He sits down, and pulls me onto his lap before I can take a seat myself.