Hide and Be Sneaky

I'm hanging in the girl's cabin, hanging upside down from one of the top bunks. My legs are wrapped around one of the wooden poles to keep me from falling. I'm in here with Gwen and Leshawna, the former being super bummed out. Duncan's hanging out with the guys, as far as I know.

"Girl, you've got to put Trent out of your head." Leshawna tells her. I nod along. "I know. I just miss him so much already." Gwen answers. "Well, Baby Girl, nothing heals a broken heart like revenge." Leshawna states. Gwen and I both look at each other, sharing an evil look. "Count me in for some of that, darling." I say, doing a hand stand before standing up straight.

                                                   ***

Chris has called us all down to the docks, most likely for the next challenge. As we get there, Duncan and I share a look. He looks over at Gwen in concern, then looks back at me. I smirk, then mouth, 'Tell you later.' He seems to relax a little. I mean really, it's me we're talking about here. If I'm smirking, I've got a plan in my head.

Finally, Chris meets us all and begins to explain, "Today's challenge is a good, old-fashioned game of Hide and Seek. You all get ten minutes to hide before Chef Hatchet comes looking for you." At this, he gives us an evil, mischievous look. Chef? Well, most of us are screwed already.

"With his military background and advanced degree in man hunting, he's uniquely qualified to make this game excruciatingly hard." I pale a little as Chef pulls out a water gun. "What's with the water gun?" Duncan asks, laughing a little. I would too, but this is Chef we're talking about, with a water gun. I'm not taking any chances.

"The lifeguard chair is home base. When he finds you, Chef will try to spray you. If you escape his blast, you can try to run to home base. But if he catches you on your way, he'll douse you." I noticed that Chef's walked closer to us and is pointing the gun directly at Duncan. I step in front of him and look Chef in the eye, daring him to spray me.

"Ooh, so we're gonna get splashed by a bit of water. Now I'm terrified." Duncan mocks behind me. I grab his hand and squeeze, silently telling him to shut up. Chef's gonna be out for him as it is already, he's just digging himself a deeper grave.

"Why don't you demonstrate, Chef?" Chris suggests smuggly. Chef pumps the gun, turns a 180 degrees and shoots Chris. A giant stream of water hits Chris, sending him yards away. I squeeze Duncan's hand even harder. "Not on me, Dude!" We all hear Chris yelling from the distance.

"So how do we 'win' this game?" Heather asks as Chris walks bakc over. "You've got three options. One, don't get discovered in your hiding place. Two, run to homebase before Chef blasts you. Three, once you've been caught, help Chef find other campers. Do any of those and you win invincibility. All clear? You get ten minutes to hide. Go!" He yells out, and I immediately run to the girl's cabin and to my bunk.

{"This oughta be fun." I grin. "Bet you my training and skills will come in handy in this challenge. The others, they're pretty much screwed, though." I shrug. "At least I'll look out for my friends if I see them."}

After I've grabbed my slingshot, pocket knife, some rope, and changed my clothes to blend in better, I start making my way towards the woods, picking up pebbles to place in my pockets as I go. I make sure to go deep into the forest before climbing the tallest tree I can find.

Before I actually go up, I see a huge crack in the base of the tree... I slightly slap myself in the head as I realize it's the tree I had to climb the first day. The one that Eva punched and sent me tumbling down a few branches. I shrug. Eh, might as well since it's the tallest tree. Not to mention, most of the branches are big and strong enough where I could walk across them to other trees if I need to.