X-Treme Torture

It's been three days since the last challenge. I think that's simply because Chef threatened Chris somehow to let my ankle heal before we did anything else. It's been healing fine, especially since Duncan would carry me anywhere.

By the fourth day, today, my ankle's healed to the point where I can walk and maybe a little jogging, but no running. I still have my ankle wrapped, just in case.

It's still early morning, and since I can't go for my morning run, I've decided to just lay next to Duncan in his bed. He's got his head phones in and is silently rocking out, nodding his head to the rhythm of the music, while I'm laying half on top of him. My head is on his bare chest, listening to his heart beat. My breathing is calm and relaxed.

And then the sound of a plane flying overhead ruins it. For some reason, I jumped at the sound of it, which caused Duncan to take his headphones off. He groans as he hears it. "What does Chris want now?" "Don't know, but we should probably go find out." I tell him, leaning up to peck his lips. He smiles. That special smile he shows only to me.

When we leave the cabin, joining everyone else outside, I look up to the sky to see Chris flying like a maniac. Suddenly, he starts flying towards us. "Incoming!" He shouts. My eyes widen. "Hit the deck!" Both Geoff and I shout. I end up tackling Duncan to the ground, just before the plane hits us. "Yes! I can't wait to get my pilot's license!" I hear Chris shout. I sit up. "He's fucking insane!" I exclaim. "Uh, babe? As much as I love this position, could you please get up?" Duncan asks. I look down, only to turn red. I'm straddling Duncan. I quickly get off and pull him up. "Sorry." I cough, my cheeks crimson. He chuckles, wrapping an arm around me.

Chris comes to a stop after taking out the confessions outhouse. "Just flexing your muscles for today's X-treme Sports Challenge." He yells the last bit into a megaphone. I glare at him as both Duncan and I cover our ears from the echoes.

"Uh, it's too early for this." Gwen states. "I couldn't agree more, Gwen." I tell her. "This week you'll participate in three challenges. First up, X-treme Sofa Bed Skydiving." Again with the megaphone. "Contestants will plummet-uh- skydive to awaiting sofa bed target below." The back door to the plane opens and Chef is there in military skydiving gear. He jumps out the door and lands on the sofa, only for it to close up on him. His screams on pain are muffled within the yellow cushions. I quickly try to get him out.

"Of course, you'll be skydiving from five thousand feet and using these." Chris adds, dropping two highly unsafe parachute bags in front of us. There's no way they can be used for skydiving. Someone'll end up killed. What is that nut-job even thinking?!

{"Mom? Dad? If I end up having to do this challenge, please promise you'll be getting the military to sue Chris. Hard. In fact, sue him anyway. There's no way anyone can survive with 'chutes like those."}

"Our lucky contestants are Trent and D.J." I look over to give Gwen a pitiful look. I mean, this is the guy she likes falling from five thousand feet with a terrible 'chute. However, Trent tries to mask his fear. "Sure. Why not? You know, what they say on Black Comb Mountain, bro? Best glimpse of Heaven's on the way into Hell. Let's do this." "Yeah. Uh, sure. Bring it on." D.J. however, not so much. He sounds terrified. I pat his back in sympathy.

"Not so fast, because the second challenge of the day is X-treme Rodeo Moose Riding! Contestant will rodeo ride the Great Canadian Bucking Moose for 8 seconds or get hoofed into a giant pile of socks from the Lost and Found." Everyone holds their noses from the stench. I know for a fact none of them are mine. "That stink pile ain't nothing but laundry day back home." Leshawna states. "It's your lucky day, Leshawna." Chris says, quickly coming up to her. "You're riding for Gophers and Geoff, you'll be riding for Bass." Geoff cheers, excited.