That's Off The Chain!

It's been just a few days since our last challenge where Bridgette was voted off. I'm currently sitting at the rocky edge connected to the beach, watching as both guys and girls are playing catch with a frisbee.

I'm not in the mood to have any conversations with anyone other than Duncan, maybe DJ. I don't see how they can pretend that everything is alright, but then again, I've never been that good at acting.

I simply haven't spoken very much to the girls. Not even when Heather is messing with me or Gwen. I simply raised my fist at her, and she'd back away. Truth be told, I was basically avoiding all of them.

My knees are pulled up to my chest and I'm going back and forth from watching everyone throw the frisbee, and staring out where the water meets the horizon. My thoughts run back and forth every now and then, a single thought popping in every so once in a while.

Suddenly, I hear wailing... or something. I peer over my shoulder into the trees, where I can faintly see the outline of the confessional outhouse. That must be Geoff. He's really missing Bridgette, it seems. I guess that's just what happens to lovesick puppies like him.

"Ooh, sounds like Geoff's having a hard time accepting Bridgette's been kicked off, huh?" Leshawna questions as Duncan walks up to her. "Yeah. He's so weak." He replies. "Oh really, Duncan?" I question, looking up towards him, the hair in my face moving away. They all turn to look at me. "So you're saying, that if I had been the one that was sent home, you wouldn't be fazed at all? You wouldn't be mopey, or angry, or anything?" I ask.

"I never said that, Kitten." Duncan tells me, crossing his arms. There's a look in his eyes, like he's playfully annoyed, but somewhat upset as well. It bothers the hell out of me.

I smirk and ignore it, brushing a strand of hair behind my ear. "Then you probably shouldn't be insulting him, when if it was you, I'd probably be doing something of a similar situation." I tell him, jumping down from the small cliff to join them all. He rolls his eyes, kissing me on the head before sighing.

"Uh, we better go check on him." He states, walking away with DJ and Owen. "Wait, what about our game?" Leshawna asks. She receives no answer. "Check on him? Since when did he start having feelings?" Gwen questions. I flinch, turning to glance at her.

"He's always had feeling, Gwen. Otherwise, how could he be in love with me, and vice versa. Like I've already said, he's still human." I say, staring out to the water. I turn and hop back up the small cliff, turning to look down at the two girls, ignoring Heather and Lindsay on the dock. "Besides, my Lupuşor isn't an idiot. He knows what he has to do to stay in this competition." I tell them before walking off to go check on Geoff as well.

"Aw, crap! Did I miss breakfast?!" Geoff comes running past me as I reach the other guys. I raise an eyebrow. "I think Geoff's in." Duncan says. "Do I even want to know?" I ask. They all jump and turn towards me, eyes wide. They relax, seeing that it's just me. Duncan walks up to me. "Maybe we should put a bell on you with how quiet you've become, Kitten." He jokes, gently smiling down at me. I look up at him, his hand moving strands of hair from my face.

"You need to get over this, Kitten. This isn't like you to keep your head down. What happened to that prideful girl I know?" He questions, a small, playful smirk on his lips as he looks at me, head tilted. I shake my head, chuckling. "She's decided to hide herself for the time being." I answer, looking up to see a worried glance in his eyes. My smile fades a little and I go to walk away. I hear him following after me.

"Kitten?" He asks as we reach the cabin steps. I look up at him as I sit down on the wood, him kneeling down in front of me. "What do you mean hiding?" He asks. I look down, shrugging. "This happens every now and then. Something will happen where I'm deeply hurt, and well... I kinda just, turn off." I shrug. He looks at me, bewildered. "I guess you could say I lose my confidence, or maybe my emotions have temporarily turned off. But considering what happened during the last challenge, it doesn't surprise me."